Does anyone else make up their own little mini-games to play within a save?

SteVieBizzLe

Reaction score
At the moment I am playing as Man Utd, always have my Man Utd save as well all have that save with our supported team. Now playing as a top team is fairly easy, can consistently win the league and go far in the CL.

So the trouble is playing to win titles gets a little dull when they start to become a formality, so I make my own little challenges. My current one is to only buy English Players in the hope having the entire England starting 11 be from my squad, if I complete that I will think of something else to keep it a little interesting.

Anyone else do things like that?

I set a couple rules for myself, but nothing like that. I always sell players before they turn 30 (only exception is GK) so I can cash in on them, and I always make sure I make a healthy profit. I'm currently in 2025 with Liverpool and have £1b in the bank, but apparently it's still not enough for the board to build a new stadium. I also never buy players over the age of 26.

I set a couple rules for myself, but nothing like that. I always sell players before they turn 30 (only exception is GK) so I can cash in on them, and I always make sure I make a healthy profit. I'm currently in 2025 with Liverpool and have £1b in the bank, but apparently it's still not enough for the board to build a new stadium. I also never buy players over the age of 26.

i think i might implement this on my sunderland save.. currently in 2024/2045. may have to make an exception for ward prowse and balanta though, the latter just had his testimonial :p

Much the same as the above for me. I spent ages tinkering with a formation to get me to the point where I was consistently winning games and trophies....that in itself adds replay value to the game because it's your own system not someone else's.

I'm Man Utd as well and for me, initially I was looking to beat Ferguson's trophy haul at United. However now I'm thinking that it might be more fun to beat his Champions League record and number of league's won in a row (3 I think?) and try for more unlockables. The idea of winning different leagues in different nations appeals.

I think that also not splashing loads of cash and bringing youth through and/or finding youngsters from around the world and training them up is far far more rewarding.

Just my 2 cents!