Jordan Burrow Meeting

View attachment 905290

We've had a fantastic start to the league and things are pretty rosy in the camp at the moment. Except from a certain striker who burst into my office to demand a meeting from me.

View attachment 245260

Burrow: Hello Sean, I demand a few minutes of your time now!!!

Keaney: Jordan, Jordan, calm down son! What is it thats bothering you?

Burrow: Why aren't you playing me?!?! I used to play in the league above so I know I'm good enough to get in your team, I just can't understand why I'm not being picked, I train hard every day!!

Keaney: You need to calm down before I consider answering you!

Burrow: Calm down?! This is my career we're talking about!!

Keaney: Shut up Jordan! I pick the team, I don't need stuck up players telling me who I should and shouldn't play. Ross (Dyer) has had an exception start so far and he picks himself, maybe if you have the goals return he did you'd pick yourself too! As far as your career goes I couldn't give two s#%ts! I only care about Halifax Town and at the moment we are better off with Ross and probably Scott (Boden) up top as they link up well.

Burrow: I'm not going to back down, I want to be playing, what do I need to do to prove to you I'm good enough?

Keaney: You need to play well it's as simple as that! You will get some game time in the coming weeks as we have a lot of games and a small squad. Stop being so ****** impatient! You're skating on thin ice here mate, if you don't perform when your picked you'll be out of the f#$%!king door! Now get out of my sight!!

Burrow: Erm... err... okay, sorry boss.

September Overview

View attachment 905355

We go into September in a great position in the league. The transfer window is now shut so this is pretty much the squad we have until January. We are probably performing above expectations so far but the first month has proved that we can compete at the top of this league so we need to take that forward and push on.

View attachment 245232
View attachment 245231

What an impressive attacking performance from the boys, this is why you can't get in the team Jordan Burrow! Ross Dyer keeps up his red hot start to the season with a hat-trick whilst winger Jamie Jackson scores his first two goals of the season to seal a big win. Defensively we let in a couple of sloppy goals in an otherwise perfect performance.

View attachment 245229
View attachment 245228

Another away trip to Aggborough now to face mid-table Kidderminster. Ross Dyer is winning us games on his own at the moment and it was his brace that secured the 3 points on the day. This was the first time this season we've kept an unchanged side and it shows we may have found our strongest side.

View attachment 245227
View attachment 245226

This was a battle of the top two teams in the league, Wrexham were always going to be up there and with this win we show we can compete with them. We fell behind twice but goals from Jordan Burrow (yes he got his chance and took it, our chat obviously had some impact) and Jamie Frost sealed a big win for us, even if it is this early on in the season. Scott Boden was the stand out player with a goal and an assist.

View attachment 245225
View attachment 245224

Another win for us and another goal spree, we're involved in really exciting games at the moment! It was that man, Jordan Burrow, who proved to be the hero with a hat-trick, he has really stepped up since our chat, good job too otherwise he would be out of the club. Kieron Morris got a hat-trick of assists too on a top attacking performance. We only went in front with 5 minutes left so a bit of a ****** and grab win.

View attachment 245223
View attachment 245222

This is on paper, our hardest fixture of the season. Newly-relegated Tranmere are big favourites to go straight back up this season and we've only gone and beaten them in their own back yard! We went 2-0 up and were flying only to be pegged back by 2 late Andy Mangan goals but a fantastic bit of play by Esteban Lopez on the left wing and a great cross put it on a plate for Scott Boden to tap in in injury time to seal a huge win and consolidate our place at the top of the league.

View attachment 245221
View attachment 245220

Next up is a trip to Haig Avenue to face lowly Southport. We were on cloud 9 after Scott Boden's late winner at Tranmere but we couldn't get the win today. Jordan Burrow has really stepped up and scored the equaliser with 10 minutes left to avoid defeat. After this game Burrow had something to say...

View attachment 245219

Keaney 1-0 Burrow

View attachment 245218
View attachment 245217

Our worst performance so far this season, I think this tops the Lincoln game. In front of our own fans we were outclassed by a mediocre Altrincham side. Our defensive record is abysmal as we haven't kept a clean sheet all month, not even close to be honest with you. Ross Dyer got another goal to add to his tally, but Graham Hutchinson at the back was woeful, he needs to step it up to get back into the side after this performance.

View attachment 245215
View attachment 245214

This was a good win against one of the better sides in the division - last seasons play-off finalists. We fell 2-0 down after 4 minutes and there was flashbacks to the Altrincham game, I feared the worst. But fair play to the lads to come back and ****** the win, Andy Bishop, Elliott Whitehouse and Ross Dyer won the game for us, but it came at another cost for Elliott...

View attachment 245213

His second injury of the season already, this is worrying.

View attachment 245212

We end September 4 points clear at the top after wins against Tranmere and Wrexham who are in 2nd and 3rd, a long way to go yet though.

Player of the Month

View attachment 245211

Young Player of the Month

View attachment 245210

Manager of the Month

View attachment 245209

An awards double for the club and I owe a lot of it to Ross Dyer after his 8 goals in 8 games helped me massively win Manager of the Month.

View attachment 245207

Only 4 league games in October, Eastleigh is the tough one but we have 3 winnable games against Guiseley, Bromley and Boreham Wood (all newly promoted). We should be pushing on and maintaining top stop if we are serious title contenders.

Our FA Cup 4th Qualifying round draw was made

View attachment 245206

We face Nantwich Town away, I don't know a lot about them, nothing in fact, but we are massive favourites to progress!​

October Review (Fist Half)

View attachment 912736

We go into October looking good at the top of the table, but that defeat to Altrincham certainly bought us back down to earth, we have winnable fixtures this month starting with our first two against Esitleigh and Guiseley, but before we go onto those let me introduce you to our latest signing...

Craig Sinclair

View attachment 242213

We bought in Craig to help with our defence as we've been letting in way too many goals so far. He was released from Stoke City a year ago and has had a year without a club so we know it may take a little while to get him match fit so we need to be patient. He looks a very decent standard for the club and when fully fit we should be able to hold down a regular starting slot.

Now onto the fixtures...

FC Halifax Town v Eastleigh

View attachment 242212
View attachment 242211

A humbling defeat at the hands of an impressive Eastleigh side. We were never in the game and to be completely honest we could have lost by a lot more. Our defence were woeful, Hamza Bencherif and Scott McManus in particular.

Guiseley v FC Halifax Town

View attachment 242210
View attachment 242209

Another game where we weren't in the match at all, outplayed by a poor Guiseley side, our worst performance to date. They have been really struggling at the bottom of the table but outclassed us on the day. By the looks of things we're hoping Craig Sinclair can be our saviour when he comes into the team, maybe a change of tactic is in order...

View attachment 242202
View attachment 242206View attachment 242205

I've decided to stick an extra midfielder instead of a second striker to help protect the back 4 as it's clear to me that they need protection at the moment. We have Bromley up next and I'm hoping this will make us a lot more stable, we'll see though...

In the next update we will have the second part of October and lets see if we can turn our run of defeats around going into the busy period of the season over Christmas.​