Does anyone know how to edit kits using the editor?

Liverpoolfc33

Reaction score
All I want to know is how to edit kits in the editor or if it even works cos i tried changing the colours of a kit to see if it worked then saved it so it would be in my game but no luck, they were just the same colours as the original kit, any help would be appreciated :)

If you change it via the editor it will change the database, I.e you have to start and new game for it to take effect.

Oh right ok, so you cant change it to an already saved game then? How can you do transfers mid season in the editor but not change the kits? Thought it would be cool to change the kit every season im with a team thats all :)

Oh right ok, so you cant change it to an already saved game then? How can you do transfers mid season in the editor but not change the kits? Thought it would be cool to change the kit every season im with a team thats all :)
ANY changes made on the editor require you to start a new save game with the newly edited database to take effect, be it team colours or up to date transfers.

You can change you kits each season by adding new kits into the game, a guide on how to do so is here
Regardless of what colour kits you put into the game, if they differ from the team's original colours the team colour bar will still be the original colours. ie Man United's away shirt in game is white so when using the away kit the team bar is white with black writing, if you were to add a blue away kit the white bar would still appear but in the club overview screen you will see a lovely blue kit.

Do not fear, as you can edit team colours in game using the Football manager real time editor(FMRTE) which can be downloaded here make sure you backup your save game before making any changes with FMRTE.

To request a kit to be made for you how you want it then try here make sure you follow the rules and be patient (its worth the wait)