dannyrefc

Reaction score
just looking through my old thread and some tactics i used to use,

jp woodys famous simple tactics with literally no team instructions haha.

raikans tactics etc, gone are the days of a nice simple fun to play game!.

imagine making a tactic now with no TI's

care to elaborate on that one bujakaa , i havnt heard that i dont think yet?

Watch from 5.29 - 6.10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4F0lUI258g

I dont mind it, it makes things bit esier to understand and handel. I have seen people complain about it.
Yeah. People will complain about everything. The locked in settings, if removed, will change the role too much and the role will be unrecognisable. The only area that can be rightfully criticised is the AML / AMR spots where there isn't a more general role to use.

just looking through my old thread and some tactics i used to use,

jp woodys famous simple tactics with literally no team instructions haha.

raikans tactics etc, gone are the days of a nice simple fun to play game!.

You can make tactics without instructions. People over-complicate tactics often.

Tactic's without instructions are my bread and butter this year, I have had a few saves where I just pick the formation and go, change a role here and there and get rid of automatic duties. It works fine for a save I just want to get stuck in and play for a bit. I think that people see the download section with 10+ TI's and PI's through the roof and just assume that is the only way to play.

You can make tactics without instructions. People over-complicate tactics often.

i agree that people over complicate them and look too much in to them, sadly im one of those haha.

im basically just saying remember when the game was so simple and use these loosely as examples, that being said the flip side to that is obviously was fm too plain back then

I miss the good old days where you could use arrows for player movements.

You cant. Your players will be assinged with specific dutys by role that u can not remove. One few things that I dont like this year FM.

It was always like that. I was talking about TI's anyway....

I've only got 1 TI on my current team and so far the most I've had on this side is two, and that was to change my D-Line because it was recommended in the meeting before the match.

The only thing I'd say I miss about the old FM's, is going back to when you drew arrows and that was that I missed how easy it was to pick up and play and do a season within a few weeks/months. At the same time, I'm glad they've done what they have, as the game makes a lot more sense now and although I only play a few games at a time mosty. I enjoy how much more involved it is than before, this FM is the first one where I've thought I might start learning how to improve training, scouting, breeding youth than ever before, because I'm slowly finding this game is making me want to get better in every area.

I kind of miss having sliders for Player Instructions. Found it easier to create specific roles. Sometimes I find I don't get the desired out come from PIs and TIs. Like why can't their by a TI for "Cross More Often"?

I do like how gone are the days of plug and play tactics. I would just download the highest scoring tactic. Plug the players in. Set the match to commentary only and the highest speed and fly through a season in a day or two during summer holidays. It was great for quickly rising through the leagues but not realistic.

For the amount of time I've played FM16, where I'm like 7 games in PL season, on FM13 I would be done a season already. I enjoy how much more immersive the game has become and that's what a simulator should do. Its fun trying to make a tactic that plays realistically rather than downloading a tactic that exploits the ME and scores 5 goals a game.

I'm using tactic on standard mentality with 4 TIs. Works great.

You cant. Your players will be assinged with specific dutys by role that u can not remove. One few things that I dont like this year FM.

I don't believe much has changed in FM16. The only difference is that now you can see them player instructions on the player list. In FM15, it just said "already active" when you hovered the mouse over the option.

Although what I do have a gripe about is how they took away how you could change the training intensity for individual players. And I also don't like how they overcomplicated the duty training. Why do I have to specify if I want to train this player as a left or right fullback? A fullback on either side does the same job!

Last edited: