hazza boy

Banned
Reaction score
As the title says, does anyone use defensive forwards, I think they are utterly pointless

Never used it. Suppose you'd have to use a player similar to Kuyt, but I prefer a fast poacher.

I use aspects of the defensive forwards default player instructions mixed with the the standard winger role.

As the title says, does anyone use defensive forwards, I think they are utterly pointless

I have used them....i had a regen who was a CM natural with stats like 14 for marking 13 for tackling but the problem was that i already had my Cm spot filled with Fellaini, Sandro and Lars Bender...
This was about 2 season in....the Regen's Position were Cm natural, AMC Natural and Striker - Acomplished...So i converted him into a Defensive Forward and he was my main assist provider for 6 and a Half seasons providing around 20 to 25 assists a season...bt then he was injured for 7months and was never the same again....
So yes Defensive Forwards are Useful if u can get players with that kind of attributes

I usually do when playing with a wing back that can't defend. More and more you find these backs with marking/tackling/positioning ~9-13, but amazing attacking stats. Why not retrain a pacey defensive midfielder with good crossing abilities to a defensive winger