Does Balotelli ever fulfill his potential?

lessthanjake

Reaction score
I'm doing a save as Man City and Balotelli is one of my important players. However, I am about to begin the 5th season, and Balotelli really hasn't improved that much from where he started. His teamwork and balance have gone up 2 points, and his agility and acceleration have gone up 1 point. That is ALL! He has been a regular starter for 4 seasons. I've used training regimens that have worked relatively well on other players. He just does not improve. He is still only 23 years old so maybe he peaks at a later age, or is his professionalism/determination so low that he never gets much better?

More specific spoiler-ish info on this:

Balotelli has a PA of 178. He starts with a CA of 157. At the beginning of the 5th season with him, his CA is now only 164. Other players like Paulo Henrique started with a similar CA to Balotelli, except Henrique now has a 185 CA. Will Balotelli ever get anywhere near his PA?

He has played quite well anyways, so it's not like he is no good and I'm waiting in vain for him to become good, but I know he can be better and I want him to hit his peak. Does it happen? Does he just peak at a later age than other wonderkids? If he CAN improve a lot, what do I need to do to make it happen? I've read through most every thread involving Balotelli, and the only advice I saw was to not train him too heavily, but I've kept him with a "medium" training workload so I dont think that's the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

I have him in 2014 but I can never get him to score more than 10-14 goals a season. He does get a lot of assists but has large patches (10-15) games where he gets low 6's every game. I want to build my team around him but not sure if i'm wasting my time.

If I remember correctly, determination plays a huge part in development. Dunno how much Professionalism does though. He's got a decent determination [10, literally average] So he should end up reaching it sooner or later.

I have him in 2014 but I can never get him to score more than 10-14 goals a season. He does get a lot of assists but has large patches (10-15) games where he gets low 6's every game. I want to build my team around him but not sure if i'm wasting my time.

That's another thing with Balotelli. He seems incredibly streaky. Halfway through last season for me he had only scored like 2 or 3 goals. He finally broke his drought and from then on, he started scoring like a goal a game for an extended period of time. Nevertheless, though, he ended up back in a drought at the end of the season, going 6 straight matches without a goal.

Ha Ha Ha... Brilliant that coming from the guy with the Obertan Sig LOL. Can i keep that post. I might take a screen shot and frame it XD

Quote it an sig it if you like it that much..

If you keep him on a regular training regime he will be unhappy with "the high workload".

Player happines playes a huge part in development as does professionalism. Determination does not have any influence.

You will have to apply a special training regime for him with a lower workload, just influencing the specific stats you want developed. You can change the training regime over the years to hit all the areas that you want developed, just dont increase the overall workload.

go to his training page if his training progress is low tell him he need to improve his training if he want to take regular first team or whatever.and u cant use him every time u know,u need to use squad rotation system to avoid injury

Well in my Liverpool save,i m in 4th season and in 2 matches,he has scored 5 goals as winger.. HE IS AMAZING AT WING(though i hate him in real)..

He usually scored around 20 goals for me on my Newcastle save, but he would always have more assists than goals. One year he had 37 assists and 18 goals. Not the top goal scorer down the years, but always seems to set up everyone else. He would disappear sometimes during games like some people said.

My everton save city released him in 2nd season so I signed him
n he's been great on ATT LM

LOL as everyone say he is good in one match and then disappear in next and it is same here.. He was just **** poor in last match for me.. :(

yeah i find to get the best out of him put him in aml or amr and play as inside forward gets lots of goals and assists. maybe try tweaking his player instructions

Well he is not bad at my Fiorentina though, but extremly selfish so sometimes u will see him scoring a long range effort. Scored 12 in half a season for me but my other strikers had only 4. After that half of the season that ****** said that he does not get along well with renato augusto. Told him to settle the issue between them and he immediately said he requests a transfer( TYPICAL BALOTELLI)
Therefore i am shocked how you kept him for 4 seasons since he has changed 4 clubs in 4 years in my save.

he'd always performed in streaks for me but i doubt he will ever fulfil his potential

I think they have made him a guy that doesn't fullfill his potential in the game. However...he is from the start of the game fantastic. He is better than what his CA is. he might not fullfill it...but he still plays better than it IMO.

View attachment 126282

Got him playing extremely well upfront for City with Tevez, hes never been unhappy and is on fire atm at the start of the 4th season. (not sure when screenshots from)

If you want to get him to perform You definitely need to download FMRTE and remove his 'shoot from distance' PPM. Cuz he keeps doing it whenever he get the ball, and RARELY pass/assist. Now I have him in his 2nd season and so far he's ****. Only 2 goals and 1 assist in 20 matches so far. I'm planning to remove his PPM but if it still don't work might consider selling him also because of his ridiculous wage (200k+ / week)

I had him 2016-2018ish in an old save (unfortunately, or I'd find out his exact CA at the time), played him as a lone striker and he got 20 in his first season. I was very impressed, but he then only hit 4 the next season :/