Does bringing little competition have any effect on players?

daisuke

Reaction score
Only Checking. I Got Adam Johnson On A Free Transfer This Season As Backup To Di Maria. At The Start Of The Season, Di Maria Is Not Playing Well So I Tried Using Johnson Instead. And I'll Got To Admit, He's Using The Opportunity Well And Perform Some Awesome Performances. So I Played Him Since.

Then Johnson's Performances Start Going Down Though Not As Bad As Di Maria.Then When I Played In League Cup Matches, I Used Di Maria And He Performs Quite Well. Since It Wont Hurt Me Whatsoever If I Use Di Maria In The Next Match, I Played Him. And He's Awesome. And I Played Him Again In The Next Match. And Since Then He Have The Best Average Rating In The Last 5 Matches In My Team.

So I Was Just Wondering, Does Bringing Some Competition For The Place In The 1st Team Help To Improve Player's Perfomances?

I am guessing that it does indeed help the players performances a little bit as it encourages them to play better to stay in the team.

Please Stop Writing Like This, Very Annoying :(

yer but to much compition makes the players get mad and then all **** brakes lose and they want to leave

Yes it does, thats why if u notice sometimes at the start of the season the assistant will tell you to buy a striker for example as so and so is unble to provide stiff competition for so and so

im more interested in how you got johnson on a free.

Well I'm noticed him since he played so well against Liverpool when Man City won 3-0 (real life). And when I'm reading through this forum, really few members suggested to buy him. So I searched him. And luckily enough, he's unhappy coz he wants to move to bigger club. And even more lucky, his contract will expired at the end of the season. And of course he won't renewed his contract. So I waited...

Thanks guys! Now I have this case confirmed. Will bought new strikers next season to add some competition as new signing, Guilherme suffers goal drought and Torres seems to get rating below 6.5 for fun...