lessthanjake

Reaction score
I am trying to create a tactic that focuses on using pacy wingers to get in floated crosses to a couple tall strikers who will head it in (I've never been able to get consistent heading goals with any tactic so I'm trying to see if I can).

My question is whether the finishing attribute also affects the accuracy of headed shots, or whether the headers attribute is the only thing that matters for headed shots. This is important because there are players like Mandzukic, Fellaini, Klose, etc who do not have great finishing attributes but otherwise seem like they'd be really good. It is also something I have always wondered with regards to who to aim corners at when you have defenders with great heading attributes but bad finishing.

I don't think so. I'd find it more likely to have attributes like composure or even positioning to count rather than finishing.Not sure though.

No, its
Determination ( If he is going to actually play football late in the game)
Creativity ( what options he sees) -
Technique ( what he can pull off) -
Decision ( is he going to jump for it or stand on the ground, at what angel etc) -
Jumping (if he needs to),
Agility ( if its a tough situtation) and then
Composure
Heading

Apatrt from this, the better he is in anticipation and off the ball, he will have a better chance at turing up at that far post, making a run for the near post etc

Last edited:
No, its
Determination ( If he is going to actually play football late in the game)
Creativity ( what options he sees) -
Technique ( what he can pull off) -
Decision ( is he going to jump for it or stand on the ground, at what angel etc) -
Jumping (if he needs to),
Agility ( if its a tough situtation) and then
Composure
Heading

Apatrt from this, the better he is in anticipation and off the ball, he will have a better chance at turing up at that far post, making a run for the near post etc

So, if trained to be a striker, it sounds like Fellaini could be an excellent target man.

With an 18 in bravery, 17 in determination, 16 in aggression, and 18 in work rate, he will definitely look to get involved in as many aerial battles as possible.

With a 19 in strength, 18 in balance, and 17 in jumping, he should win most of the aerial battles he takes part in.

With a 16 in anticipation and a decently high 14 in off the ball, he should be pretty solid at timing his runs prior to that.

With a 19 in heading and 16 in composure, he will convert a large portion of the headers he wins. To add to that, the 15 in technique should give him a solid number of options to pull off (such as diving headers and stuff I suppose).

The main relative weaknesses are a 13 in decisions, 13 in agility, and low acceleration/pace. However, the 16 in concentration as well as 18 in teamwork shores up his decision making pretty well I think, and I'm pretty sure balance matters more for heading than agility (and 13 isn't that bad anyways). As for acceleration/pace, it can help to get open for a header, but isn't insanely necessary for this type of striker.

I just tried this out by buying him in a new Tottenham save and cheating to make him him a natural striker to see how he would do with it. I set him as a Target Man - Attack, and he has 14 goals in 7 matches.

So, if trained to be a striker, it sounds like Fellaini could be an excellent target man.

With an 18 in bravery, 17 in determination, 16 in aggression, and 18 in work rate, he will definitely look to get involved in as many aerial battles as possible.

With a 19 in strength, 18 in balance, and 17 in jumping, he should win most of the aerial battles he takes part in.

With a 16 in anticipation and a decently high 14 in off the ball, he should be pretty solid at timing his runs prior to that.

With a 19 in heading and 16 in composure, he will convert a large portion of the headers he wins. To add to that, the 15 in technique should give him a solid number of options to pull off (such as diving headers and stuff I suppose).

The main relative weaknesses are a 13 in decisions, 13 in agility, and low acceleration/pace. However, the 16 in concentration as well as 18 in teamwork shores up his decision making pretty well I think, and I'm pretty sure balance matters more for heading than agility (and 13 isn't that bad anyways). As for acceleration/pace, it can help to get open for a header, but isn't insanely necessary for this type of striker.

I just tried this out by buying him in a new Tottenham save and cheating to make him him a natural striker to see how he would do with it. I set him as a Target Man - Attack, and he has 14 goals in 7 matches.

Yeeah, he IS a great Target Man, just like in the beginning off the season when he played as one irl.