Does FM randomise stats for relatively unknown players?

cooper795

Reaction score
Par example:

View attachment 368020

Jordan Porter and Jordan Porter (Super Improved V.2 version):

View attachment 368022

ARE NOT THE SAME GUY!! Even though Jordan Porter V.2 is a couple of years ahead his eccentricity hasn't gone up 6 (I know this because I like keepers with high eccentricity because they amuse me - hence why I signed him).

I know FM randomises player potential as Adryan and Januzaj (and of c others I just look at these two) are sometimes better than one another, sometimes very similar, according to the editor anyway.

What I didn't know was that they randomised stats at the beginning of the game, even of relatively unknown 19 year old goalkeepers.

SOO basically I'm wondering whether I have downloaded a mysterious update or whether my hypothesis is correct?

Par example:

View attachment 368020

Jordan Porter and Jordan Porter (Super Improved V.2 version):

View attachment 368022

ARE NOT THE SAME GUY!! Even though Jordan Porter V.2 is a couple of years ahead his eccentricity hasn't gone up 5 (I know this because I like keepers with high eccentricity because they amuse me - hence why I signed him).

I know FM randomises player potential as Adryan and Januzaj (and of c others I just look at these two) are sometimes better than one another, sometimes very similar, according to the editor anyway.

What I didn't know was that they randomised stats at the beginning of the game, even of relatively unknown 19 year old goalkeepers.

SOO basically I'm wondering whether I have downloaded a mysterious update or whether my hypothesis is correct?

Some players lower down wont have all their stats done because its harder to find as many researchers etc. So in the database a stat that a researcher has not had time to evaluate will be given "0". Thus when the database is loaded for a new game, that stat will be randomised.

Best way to check is to open the editor and see which ones have 0 entered