Does going on holiday count as testing a tactic

Grixy

Reaction score
Hi I was just wondering as most tactics take 5-10 games to gel with your team if when testing a tactic if i checked the use current macth tactics i.e the test. this would constitute to the same aim in the long run ?

It depends really. Some tactics require match shouts or opposition instructions to work so going on holiday won't get the best of it. But some people have posted on this site saying they win matches when they holiday and lose them when they play the match themselves..

I dont think it does because your assistant manager makes substitutions and sometimes slightly changes the tactics. It would be better to check it yourself IMO

AS far as I understand it, the holiday mode is flawed in that sense that the assistant manager uses the formation but not the exact tactical approach within, not even before he starts with his ingame tweaking. I have tried this myself by taking control of 2 teams, setting up them with a tactic and then let one of the managers go on holiday, letting his assman use the "current tactic". This tactic was with the widest possible setting approach and with the d-line pushed up to max. BUt when I watched the match ( in full), they played with a normal d-line and rather narrow so even the basic teamsettings did not match the direct orders given to him. I then reloaded the save and carried out the exact test 2 more times but both times he played narrow and with a normal d-line

I thought as much thanks for the feedback.

If you go on holiday before the game the assistant tweaks things,
If you go on holiday during the game the assistant only makes subs.
Source: Just been testing it out