mitrea_cristi

Reaction score
hei! what does having a lot of youth coaches help at? does it extend the youth recruitment network? does it help me get better youth players at the start of the season? or it's just about the training?

It's just training

Some regular coaches have poor working with youngster stats, which makes their training stats drop.

Let's say you have a coach who is 4.5 stars in training shooting. His "Working with youth" stat is 5. When he trains youth players instead of getting 4.5 stars for shooting, he would get 2.5 or 3 stars.

But I always try to avoid getting "youth coaches" I prefer them to be just "coaches" so they can train both senior and youth players.

I remember having read somewhere that youth coaches with good "Working with youngsters" and "Judging potential" attributes help to attract better youth players, which would make some sense. I'm not sure about it but to be on the safe side I make sure to have some good youth coaches around at all times.

youth coaches are a waste of coaching slots, I always promote the good ones to coaches and fire the rest who don't have good working with youngsters, determination, motivating and discipline stats!

hire really good coaches who have good working with youngsters stats (not all of them but at least 2 or 3, depending on club)

they do not help in any way or form for increasing players coming in etc..

as Montonaro said, it's just about the training