Does off the ball matter a lot for wingers?

Goooner

Reaction score
Im currently playing as Birmingham in the first season and i need a new Rw cause Larrsson(sp) isnt cutting it at the moment. Ive narrowed my targets down to these two but their off the ball isnt great(especially Blanco) but their cheap and my only other target is Alexis Sanchez who will cost like 12m more. So who should i buy out of the two?

You can get Alexis Sanchez on loan btw, I've just done it for Fulham, defo worth it :)

But it depends, if you're using a target man who will hold up the ball and bring other's into play, Zamora/Bendtner for example, then it's certainly an attribute that's great to have as a winger as they need to make space so the target man can find passes to them easier, and you'll find you're winger getting in on goal a lot more often.

If you're not using the type of striker who will hold up the ball and you're using a poacher sort of player, Kevin Phillips or Defoe for example, then it won't matter as much as they will live on scraps of the ball and tap home to get vital goals.

So to summarise, if you're using a target man who will lead the line and open up space for others, or holding the ball up and passing to players in space, then yes off the ball is needed. If not, then no.

Hope that helped mate :)

You can get Alexis Sanchez on loan btw, I've just done it for Fulham, defo worth it :)

But it depends, if you're using a target man who will hold up the ball and bring other's into play, Zamora/Bendtner for example, then it's certainly an attribute that's great to have as a winger as they need to make space so the target man can find passes to them easier, and you'll find you're winger getting in on goal a lot more often.

If you're not using the type of striker who will hold up the ball and you're using a poacher sort of player, Kevin Phillips or Defoe for example, then it won't matter as much as they will live on scraps of the ball and tap home to get vital goals.

So to summarise, if you're using a target man who will lead the line and open up space for others, or holding the ball up and passing to players in space, then yes off the ball is needed. If not, then no.

Hope that helped mate :)
helped me max, thanks alot mate

Cheers mate and its probably too late for me too get Sanchez as im in January but from what you said i think ill be going for Dudu cause i am using a target striker, Kevin Davies(LEDGEND btw).

Last this is balance important for wingers cause Dudu's got a bit of off the ball but terrible balance :(

Cheers mate and its probably too late for me too get Sanchez as im in January but from what you said i think ill be going for Dudu cause i am using a target striker, Kevin Davies(LEDGEND btw).

Last this is balance important for wingers cause Dudu's got a bit of off the ball but terrible balance :(

Balance influences heading and jumping in general from what i know. Agility is important for dribblers.

I think if you use them as inside forwards then it's good.

Yeah it depends how you are using them. If they are in attack, off the ball is important to find room and to push forward. If they are support players, you may not want them looking for a through ball.