Does "overpowered" players get more expensive with new patches..?

moonson

Reaction score
Started a game with patch 15.3.2. I seem to remember being able to sign players like Romero and Balanta pretty cheap from start when i played FM 2015 on earlier patches. Tried to sign Pogba as arsenal from start on 15.3.2. but they want like 130 million euro for him..Im pretty sure they did not ask for that much before at start on earlier patches
Also on this patch they want like 45 million euro for Odegaard from start..has this price increased? Depay seems to be much more expensive now too..
Do they increase prices of "op" players with later patches..?
Also as Arsenal on an early patch Im pretty sure I was able to sell Özil from start for 2x his value. On this patch no one wants to buy him even for prices lower than his value..Has it gotten harder to sell players..?

Edit: if this is the case, would it be possible to start on an earlier patch and make some bargains, and then upgrade to the latest version?

Last edited:
The patch updates just like IRL. Odegaard went to Madrid so he will definitely be more expensive. Depay has been showing a lot of potential so its only natural for their prices to rise.
Regarding Pogba, i've always found it hard to get him for anything less than £80m.
You can still get Romero and Balanta cheap???