• Not Sure

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yes, But That's FM For You

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have you changed your tactics from the start then

Why the **** cant you make a screenshot? ( and let me say that a normal one alt+f9, not the ones you make, small and hard to see.)

Other notes. How much do you watch real football? Do you really think that those 20+ shots from you are because you are so good? No, the season goes on the other teams will use another way approach to you. They but solid def up and hope for counter attacks. Not every game should end with 5+ goals.
I had the same thing, I had games where I had shots over 20. I looked more into my stats, I was pushing high so they fouled me a lot and game free kick. So like 5-8 shots on target game from free kicks.

I understand that this is game and you want score more and more, its fun. But this tries to be simulation. It has flaws really, but still you cant hope for high score games all the time. Other teams will be smarter againts you. And thats why you have 3 tactic slots, change and suprise you opponent.

Some recent games i watched and you can see the stats. One team dominates and still loses. There are so many games like this. One very good example is Chealse, they like to attack and some teams will go full defence on them, so its hard to score.
Some real life examples:

Atletico Madrid-Real Madrid

Real Sociedad-Barcelona

Edit, more examples.
Everton-Stoke
Queens Park Rangers-Swansea ( 50 shots on two teams, but only 2 goals)
Sunderland-Liverpool
As do so many in this situation, you are looking at it all wrong. I don't have any intention of getting into an argument over this, it is pointless me replying to posts from people who are not really understanding the overall issue here.

As do so many in this situation, you are looking at it all wrong. I don't have any intention of getting into an argument over this, it is pointless me replying to posts from people who are not really understanding the overall issue here.

Well, rather than getting all wound up with people who are genuinely trying to help, how about you explain your problem properly? That way we may actually have a chance of trying to work out whatever it is you're complaining about.

EDIT: I've read through all 5 pages of this thread, just in case I missed anything. Nope, I still have no idea what you are actually complaining about.

Last edited:
Well, rather than getting all wound up with people who are genuinely trying to help, how about you explain your problem properly? That way we may actually have a chance of trying to work out whatever it is you're complaining about.

EDIT: I've read through all 5 pages of this thread, just in case I missed anything. Nope, I still have no idea what you are actually complaining about.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, okay, thanks, bye.

I'll take that as an admission of your incoherent, non-existent argument then.

No, I just find it so amusing that people can either be so dumb or just act dumb because they would prefer to continue to view FM through rose coloured specs. Thanks(big thumbs up).

No, I just find it so amusing that people can either be so dumb or just act dumb because they would prefer to continue to view FM through rose coloured specs. Thanks(big thumbs up).

Go on then, indulge me, why are they acting dumb, and what are we looking at through r-c specs? Then we may actually make progress.

This is a discussion forum. Provide something we can discuss rather than calling everyone dumb.

This is a discussion forum. Provide something we can discuss rather than calling everyone dumb.

I have, if you don't see that then you have proven the last word in your post. Thanks, bye.

It's more amusing that someone is getting annoyed that a simulation game isnt 100 percent reality. Maybe go and get a copy of flight simulator and get annoyed that you havnt actually landed in Hong Kong and your still in your bedroom.

Dumb is a bit harsh, you based your argument on the Post Match Stats reports which dont really tell the story without knowing anything about the team, the shouts you use, the players (other than you saying they are better players than before), how well they knew the failing tactic. Anyway you have sorted it now so all good.

Good luck with your save and I'm in advanced sorry if you dont get a real letter from Burnley FC telling you of their gratitude for making them a good team. It's a simulation and although its has bugs its pretty good.

:)

Last edited:
It's more amusing that someone is getting annoyed that a simulation game is 100 percent reality. Maybe go and get a copy of flight simulator and get annoyed that you havnt actually landed in Hong Kong and your still in your bedroom.

Dumb is a bit harsh, you based your argument on the Post Match Stats reports which dont really tell the story without knowing anything about the team, the shouts you use, the players (other than you saying they are better players than before), how well they knew the failing tactic. Anyway you have sorted it now so all good.

Good luck with your save and I'm in advanced sorry if you dont get a real letter from Burnley FC telling you of their gratitude for making them a good team. It's a simulation and although its has bugs its pretty good.

:)
Yeah but the games complete sh*teness springs eternal, 7 points clear at the top of the table, superb morale throughout, my *** Man informs me that although I did my best to sell an unhappy player that player may no longer speak to me??? That is not even the worst of it, somehow the whole squad is unhappy about the way the player was treated and morale has turned to ****. Awful.

Yeah but the games complete sh*teness springs eternal, 7 points clear at the top of the table, superb morale throughout, my *** Man informs me that although I did my best to sell an unhappy player that player may no longer speak to me??? That is not even the worst of it, somehow the whole squad is unhappy about the way the player was treated and morale has turned to ****. Awful.

Thats not uncommon... Player interaction can be a lot more harsh this year but it happened to me with Mario Gotze, I ended up keeping him the rest of the season and again for the whole of the following season before I got a decent-ish price for him... 69 mil (had payed 38 for him 4 seasons earlier). After a while in his information he was happy to play for the club and his form was still great but he just didnt trust me so I couldnt speak to him. Harsh but its not uncommon, happens in real life when you tell a player you will play him more and you dont or sell him and you didnt, over and and over... and it generally annoys other players at the same time too. It wont last too long with your other player but if you have broken a promise to a player quite a lot then the chances are that he will never be happy as long as your his manager.

Enough condescension please.

I don't see the issue here. You did well in your first two seasons, changed nothing for the third season, then lost games you dominated. That's pretty much play by play what you can expect to happen when opposition comes to fear you and begins sitting deeper and hitting on the counter. The challenge is adapting to beat them despite that.

Thats not uncommon... Player interaction can be a lot more harsh this year but it happened to me with Mario Gotze, I ended up keeping him the rest of the season and again for the whole of the following season before I got a decent-ish price for him... 69 mil (had payed 38 for him 4 seasons earlier). After a while in his information he was happy to play for the club and his form was still great but he just didnt trust me so I couldnt speak to him. Harsh but its not uncommon, happens in real life when you tell a player you will play him more and you dont or sell him and you didnt, over and and over... and it generally annoys other players at the same time too. It wont last too long with your other player but if you have broken a promise to a player quite a lot then the chances are that he will never be happy as long as your his manager.

Sounds to me like your defending the un-defendable again. You know SI are aware of this issue don't you?.

As you say, the game is overly harsh, and you're right that they need to be handled carefully, but if they are you reap the benefits since the computer players are also prone to throwing hissy fits. If you manage it well, you'll have a harmonious squad and they won't, giving you a distinct advantage.

I haven't had a player bust up yet. Admittedly i've only got through 2 transfer windows, and had to sell Ashley Young, Fletcher and Anderson after they demanded more game time, I managed to get decent money for them but i could understand how if the money offered was below what i wanted, or i got no offers at all, then as a manager you are pretty much forced to retain the player despite promising he could leave.

From there the inevitable squad bust up can happen, and probably needs to be looked at a little.

Historically with most player interaction or player unhappiness, i find the issues go away after a few weeks playing and winning in the league. You can praise in private and in the media if needed and a lot of the time you can eventually offer a new contract and sort the issue out.

If the player is so put out that they throw the toys and refuse to talk to you, i probably wouldn't want to keep them anyway, their hidden attributes are probably pretty *****.

Sounds to me like your defending the un-defendable again. You know SI are aware of this issue don't you?.

no I was saying that it seems harsh but its not, this happens in real life... look at people like Tevez at City,Cruyff and Romario, Van Basten with Sacchi at AC Milan, David Beckham and Ferguson, Anelka and Domenech, Van Gaal and Luca Toni... Keane and Mick McCarthy and Rossi being overly critical of Adam Ljajic. Granted they arnt all down to game time or even happened this decade but things happen in football where players stop talking to managers.

The alternative is that SI dont include a player interactive feature in the game... no point in having the feature if its easy to keep everyone happy.

To be honest im quite happy you dont have a hand in making this game as I have the feeling you would make it incredibly mundane and we would never see anything considered out of the ordinary even though all these things you call harsh do happen in the real game.

Going by the feedback of revamped player interaction, there appear to be a number of fairly amusing bugs. And some annoying ones, such as players demanding playing time and complaining not getting it when they've been away on international duties for the last couple weeks or so. Or how selling reserve also-rans would suddenly upset the first team squad. Luckily haven't encountered one of thus so far, unless you decide it to be a scripted event how giving in to the promise of a player to see more playing time resulted in that exact player missing a peno in the first match I let him start (not how the game works). :D

Once these are ironed out though I much prefer this to how this was previoiusly. You could royally screw them over and after a couple weeks time everything was back to normal. Signing a player and promising to be a key player, only to tell him he's going to be a back upon arrival? Nay bother. Selling key players to rivals on day one? Who gived? Even if one of your key players demanded to move to a bigger club you could just see that out easily. And turning entire squads upside down and replacing it with tons of new ones would disrupt little but squad gelling which would only hurt this much if the new players were players of significantly higher quality. For anyone who won't like that little bit of extra immersion, there's the classic mode of play that caters back to the glory days of Champ Man 4.

That said, not sure how this has gone from being about struggling to break parking bus teams down to player values and now about man management . But then it was meant but a rant thread apparently to begin with. I sympathize with the frustrations the game can create, I fully do though. :D If it would cause nobody to be give a ****, it wouldn't be as wildly popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.