Micky979

Reaction score
Just had a mad idea. I don't know if there's any threads about this on here already if so I apologise.
Has anybody ever attempted to play FM in a continental stylee? Let me explain.

We all know the Director of Football, The Sporting Director and the other fancy name's they use abroad, player recruitment Is their department and the ' coach' is responsible only for picking the team. I think you can see where I'm going with this???

In this challenge, you are the coach. You can choose any team from any league but the rules are simple. You have absolutely no influence over recruitment. Your chairman has to hire all backroom staff, head of youth development is responsible youth signings and finalising any deals and director of football finds and signs first team players and handles contract negotiations.

If you have no DoF at the start you can sign one but then everything is left to everyone else. You can allocate whatever else you want to your backroom staff but I repeat, you can have NO input into staff or player recruitment.

I reckon it would be an interesting challenge. Anybody interested in giving it go?

PS don't jump on me with criticism. I haven't spent ages thinking it through, just posted my thoughts, so any constructive input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have thought about doing this before but at the moment i don't sign any players my director of football does them all but i reject the ones that aren't good enough and accept the players i like. So i have DoF sign players but i have to confirm them.

Another variation of this challenge could be that you can't sign anyone but can select players as transfer targets so the director of football goes out and signs the players you like?