Domestic player bias and fan attendence

malkmus

Reaction score
I am playing rb leipzig and have serious problems to fill my stadium - I started in regional league, managed to get promoted to Bundesliga and yet even play in Europe League but only few fans show up in my stadium. I own a 45000 all-seater stadium and only have an average attendence of 12000 spectators. Even teams like Augsburg who are fighting against relegation (a fight they are most likely to lose) manage to sell out their stadiums on some occasions.

I know there are several reasons for the low attendence - my club was founded in 2009, there is no club history whatsoever and I do not have a single german player in my squad. Most of my players are young talents from South-America or Africa and I'm wondering wether I could increase fan attendance by adding one or two german key players to my squad.

My question is: Does anyone know how the domectic player bias affect the fan attendence? Arsenal and Inter often play without a single domestic player and still manage to fill their stadiums - I don't want to spend lots of money on domestic players if it doesn't affect attendance.