cotch

Reaction score
Hey,

Was hoping maybe someone could offer some advice, every game i'm dominating possession and shots, just can't get goals and conceding goals like it's for fun. I'm Portsmouth in the 2nd season, was bought out by a chinese business man fortunately and had quite a bit to spend, i've tried changing my tactic a lot, but last season i had a dry spell where no strikers could score and this season it's been exactly the same, about 10 games in and i've scored i think in 2 games. I've got some good players, like Admilson (young brazilian) Le Fondre, Grobkreutz, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Darko Lazovic, Will Buckley, Fabian Delph, Kyle Naughton, these are all players i'd consider being able to dominate the championship, yet i'm 22nd, 1 win 2 draws, 6 losses, conceded 14 in the league, just played hull, they had 4 shots, scored 3. I had 11, scored 1. Just really struggling to get anything out of my players, i've played FM since forever, and CM dating back to 1994/1995 season, where i've never struggled, in my rangers game, spurs game and west brom game i've dominated and find no problem in outperforming my objectives, but for some reason this Portsmouth team i just can't get any clear cut chances and people are shooting from a far, passing it backwards rather than forwards, not sure how i can change this within tactics, for example, Grobkreutz, i've got him to run on the ball at full, yet he doesn't try to run past anyone.

Really struggling, hoping someone can shed some light on my demise! It won't be long till i get sacked.

To be Able to see where you go wrong, you have to give us indepth information on how you play.

I changed my match preperation, and for some reason i've managed to turn it around and get 4 victories in 5 games. I play 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 (4-2-2-2 with RW/LW so essentially a more attacking 4-4-2) (4-2-3-1 with 2 CM RW/CAM/LW) 4-2-2-2 i play balanced and standard, 4-2-3-1 i play defensive and counter. Both times it seems my wingers won't run at players, but working on team cohesion and attacking build up in match prep has seemed to help the flow of my attacks, i play possession football. Not sure what else i can add? do you want like individual details of the position/role and where the sliders are?

I changed my match preperation, and for some reason i've managed to turn it around and get 4 victories in 5 games. I play 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 (4-2-2-2 with RW/LW so essentially a more attacking 4-4-2) (4-2-3-1 with 2 CM RW/CAM/LW) 4-2-2-2 i play balanced and standard, 4-2-3-1 i play defensive and counter. Both times it seems my wingers won't run at players, but working on team cohesion and attacking build up in match prep has seemed to help the flow of my attacks, i play possession football. Not sure what else i can add? do you want like individual details of the position/role and where the sliders are?

Well, if you have manually tweaked the player and/or team settings, then you need to post the whole tactic or screens since you aint playing Balanced-Standard

the 4-2-3-1 is taken from raiken(is that his name?) amazing AMC few tweaks to suit the player but nothing major) the modified 4-2-2 that i'm currently using that's working i'll try to grab a screenshot asap.

the 4-2-3-1 is taken from raiken(is that his name?) amazing AMC few tweaks to suit the player but nothing major) the modified 4-2-2 that i'm currently using that's working i'll try to grab a screenshot asap.

IN that cse, I think I will let Raikan answer this one as he knows the tactic better than I do.