donkeyfly

Reaction score
DONKEY FLYS 4-5-1 v2.0

This is similar to my 1.0 version except I feel it brings in more goals. I made numerous changes to this tactic, mainly to player roles and I also brought the mentality down on certain players and up on others, to try and create a stable formation defensively aswell as for going forward.

I would say having a powerful and high jumping striker is important as well as having a strong and high jumping DM and similar DCs. However, a pacey striker or an all rounder should also work just as well - it just prefer a target man myself. Pace and crossing is a necessity for wingers. I have changed them to wingers from inside forwards. I find they just get forward as much but perform more for the team as well - more assists and playmaking. Your playmaker needs to be creative with good passing and your ball winning midfielder needs to be strong defensively as well as a good passer of the ball. Your full backs should have good pace and decent jumping will also help a great deal but is not necessary.

ANY TIPS OR SUCCESFUL ADJUSTMENTS YOU MAKE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE.

I have used this formation for my BSN to the top game. I am Guisely. Most teams in this league use 4-4-2. I have had good results overall. See a screenie with results on. Decent goal to game ratio and defence solid for the most part - a few cheap goals and then there was a few matches I was totally outplayed as well as injuries - playing a big part since I really only have a starting 11 worth playing - my subs are trash.

So far, with this season formation I have had 14 wins, 5 losses, 3 draws. I expect it to be to this kind of ratio by the end of the season.

Notes
zurask Nice tactic. Lost just once so far. But recommend setting it to standard in away games and also a playmaker with high creativity and passing. And also a very strong left winger as goalkeeper often distributes it down the left so most of the attacks happen down there. It says defender collect so techically the distribution should be even but for some reason it is always down the left.

Chelsea plays the same way, though. And what do you recommend to take out really strong players like Rooney, Drogba etc? Man-marking them with the DC doesn't help.
I suggest zonal marking for them then. Maybe if you are still struggling against bigger players, drop deep and clear ball to flanks in shouts. I haven't tried this with a top team as of yet. Used with Guisely in Blue Square North/Prem and an older version of the tactic with Charlton in League 1. Typically, never comign up against stronger or pacey players. Zonal marking should work better for this and your suggestion of changing to standard in away games I agree with also. Either standard or counter. This should help if you get over run when playing away.

DOWNLOAD HERE

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3772