Don't cut off your nose to spite your face

BarmyArmy

Reaction score
After getting promoted to the Premier League I lost a large proportion of my squad on free transfers because they wanted insane wages. I realise they want paying more as we're in a higher division but the fact is they're not premier league quality and were only offered a new contract so I didn't have to overhaul the entire team in 1 season.

I was prepared to overpay them slightly (eg 15k p/w when they're only worth maybe 8k) but they wanted wages that were far too high for how good they were. Anyway I refused to accept it and lost most of them. They're now playing in the Championship being paid less than their original wage at my club.

Anyone else noticed this? And think it's a little unrealistic that a player would be so stubborn that he'd rather end up playing Championship football with a drop in pay than accept Premier League football with "not a big enough" pay increase.

Idiots.

That's like when Reus REFUSED to join my Real Madrid when i offered him 390k/week and then he joined Barcelona for 150k/week.

uwotm8?

Yes! Had it before best player in the Championship turns down £18k a week as its not enough joins Celtic on a free and is getting paid £6k a week!

Clubs are retarded too. I offered 94M€ for Neymar (i had too much money) for him and Barca offered 67M€.
They rejected mine, accepted theirs - U woooot m8? Then Neymar scored 3 goals against me in SuperCup Final on Bernabeu.

:(
Let's not mention Quaresma wanting 88k/week from me and accepting 12k/week from other ****** teams.

I definitely think it needs looking at for FM14. I mean it makes sense that the same player would ask Man City for more money than he would at Stoke for example because they can afford it and if a top team is after them then they'd value themselves higher. That being said the if the same amount was offered, take it or leave it, they would pick the bigger club/higher league.

I'm glad it's not just me suffering with this anyway.