Don't let anyone tell you FM is bad for your education!

PatrickLFC

Mar 31, 2015
One of my university units was on different technological developments throughout history, ranging from the alphabet to telegraphs to moving image to computer games etc, about 12 in total I think.

For the final essay, we had to do a case study within one of the categories, and analyse it in the context of an academic theory. I wrote mine on Football Manager and aced it with 83%! (H)

Football Manager: Helping University students pass with a minimum of effort since 2016

Anyone else with any similar experiences? Or is it just all detrimental to study? :p

djs1

Sep 2, 2014
FM is one of those games that makes u think,especially creating your own tactics etc.Good for the brain imo

Ghost77

Aug 6, 2011
FM trained my English (I am Czech), gave me big knowledge about world players and competitions and I also learned to be patient and analyse things deeply. Because of FM I started to study coach licences and read specific tactical articles and books. Finally, because of FM, I got my dream job.

Definitely good for my education and life :)

Last edited:

Anthony

Slide to unlock
Dec 1, 2009
I wrote a paper on Economic Status and Drug addiction once and aced it.
Doesn't make heroin the next great learning drug though ;)

Congrats on your paper though

hera

Jul 2, 2012
FM has certainly helped me with betting on football. I am more aware of what players certain teams have and I can assess their chances better.

dave4787

Nov 6, 2011
I'm a business analyst, and I'm always telling me Mrs I have to play FM to train my 'analysing' skills...