Doomsday 2012, the end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harriers09

Reaction score
So theres this big thing thats been going on for quite a while now that the Apocolypse is nye and life as we know it will end on the 21st December 2012 to coinside with the end of the Mayan calender.

Whether its caused by massive solar flares, magnetic pole shifts, a colision with some planet called Niribu or just four guys turning up on some horses, it seems that many people believe it will come true!

If you havent heard about this yet heres the wiki page: 2012 phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And heres the offical website (LOL): 2012 End Of The World - End Of The World 2012?

Personally i think its absolute B.S., but what do you think??

I'm probably watching too much Supernatural , but it's meant to be caused by the accidental opening of the hellgate.

OR it's complete BS. I believe in the latter. Only the irrational behaviour of a psychotic dictator can cause it

I hope it's an alien invasion, a bit like Mars attacks (the film).

I hope it's an alien invasion, a bit like Mars attacks (the film).

Christ no. Don't want to see some womans head perched on the body of a dog lol

i love how they say its cause the Mayan calander finishes on 21st December.....funny cause my Cliff Richard calander finishes on 31st December.... ;)

It is such rubbish, it is just one era of the Mayan calendar ends. And even if the calender did end, Its probably because the guy making it got tired, stone masonry is hard.
This whole thing is a great demonstration of the stupidity of the average **** sapien

if it happens it happens hope not because am going on holiday on the 23rd i think we be ok

It was supposed to be 28 hours ago... seemed to not happen

The funny thing is how people stop the tale of how the Mayan Calender ends at 21st Dec 2012.In reality the Mayan Calender is a series of calenders that each last thousands of years. Simply the Calneder is moving to what they called a b'ak'tun, the next series of events in the form of another calender. A simpler way to put this is to think of a calender we have today, that has 12 months and lets say for arguments sake it is a calender with 12 months 365 days with pictures of cute puppys, what happens when you get to the 1st of Jan 2013? You buy a new calender for2013 with pretty pictures of kittens. The world doesn't end according to the mayans it just moves on to the next "cycle". Tell all your friends the true story about the Mayan Calender to end all these miconceptions.

Posted this in the last thread about this nonsense...

[video=youtube;Nj7pHXlTdWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj7pHXlTdWc[/video]

3 words, yellowstone national park!

See you all in Elysium.

Well no end of the world, looks like im going to have to go Christmas shopping now :S

Status
Not open for further replies.