Joshh910

Reaction score
good afternoon chaps and chappets!

First time poster, just got back into FM12 after getting my office job as a telecomms engineer, if we have a quiet day I'll sit and do a few matches, referred myself back here on more than a few occasions for advice, pointers, face packs, so on and so forth, so just want to say a quick hello and a quick thank you to everyone who contributes to the site!

Now, the question, I've been playing Dortmund, around a quarter of the way thought the first season, a bit early to be asking questions I know, but my defence has been haemorrhaging goals, which hasn't been TOO bad on the whole because my front line tend to outscore them, but in big games, or tight games Its more of an issue.
I've got Schmeltzer, Hummels, Subotic and Piczesk as my first choice back four and their all more than capable, so I don't get why its happening, admittedly I play attacking football in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Kehl & Bender/Gundogan sat in-front of the back four, I've set them to press high up the pitch but my defensive line is about average, just wondering if anyone had any advice? Or just advice on playing Dortmund altogether, quiet day at work you see!

TLDR; Tightening defensive belt

welcome to the site mate :) I did a really good save with Dortmund, signed Ze Roberto for free who was immense for me!

I focus first on defence over and above anything else.. So I designed a tactic which I used for them for the 3 years I was in charge! I sold Subotic 2nd year as he is not that good.. Signed Davide Astori and Douglas for free :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...brand-new-tactic-433-12-2-0-latest-patch.html