Radium22

Reaction score
I am a massive fan of the Klopp style at Dortmund for the last few seasons and want to re-create his exact style and formation for FM15.

This is what I have so far.Just not sure what to do with the wingers.I guess what I am looking for is a tactical analysis of how they play which can be incorporated into FM15 as a successful tactic.I am also debating doing a story or releasing these as actual tactics but this is a work in progress.

View attachment 300730View attachment 300729

Definitely not shorter passing.. Direct or Route one are the way to go if you want to replicate Klopp..

Also i would use a DLP on defend duty and a BWM on Support.. a DLP (D) shields the back 4 way better than a BWM

Klopp plays usually a narrow 4-2-3-1 with reus as an inside forward allowed to roam and interchange positions with the advanced playmaker (gotze role). On the other side a winger with a support duty that sits narrow while his team doesnt have ball and helps mid recover possesion and goes wide with the ball. Lewa was a deep lying forward, support duty, holding the ball and usually playing with his back to goal setting up team mates. Bender is a pure bwm. Gundogan used to be a dlp pressing opponents when out of possesion and running with the ball from deep. Also, direct passing. As for the back four. Usually Hummels a bpd with a tight marking duty and subotic a def/limited defender that covers for hummels going forward. On the sides there were pizschek who hugged the line and had a more attacking duty and schmelzer, a supporting full back.

so team should look like.

-------------DLF(S)------------
------IF(A)----Ap(a)------W(s)
--------BWM(d/s)---DLP(S)---
FB(s)---BPD(d)----LD(C)---FB(A)
-------------GK(d)--------------

As for the passing, extremely direct and fast while in possesion and all-over-pitch pressing while out of possesion.

Good luck.

This is a brilliant reply thanks and exactly what I needed.I had most of this anyway.Just using a higer tempo now but still torn between deep lying forward and defensive forward for the frontman.I have everything else set up like you said.

Tactical analysis pages are easily found on the internet.It's just getting them to work in FM.Thank you :)
View attachment 300561View attachment 300559View attachment 300558

As you can see from the 3rd image the overall positions of the players in my 1st cup game were very compact and narrow exactly how I wanted them to be.So far it's working.I beat Bayern 1-0 in the Super Cup 1st game of the season aftrer creating this tactic.Will see how it goes now after making a couple of changes to the Hummel position with the tight marking
Klopp plays usually a narrow 4-2-3-1 with reus as an inside forward allowed to roam and interchange positions with the advanced playmaker (gotze role). On the other side a winger with a support duty that sits narrow while his team doesnt have ball and helps mid recover possesion and goes wide with the ball. Lewa was a deep lying forward, support duty, holding the ball and usually playing with his back to goal setting up team mates. Bender is a pure bwm. Gundogan used to be a dlp pressing opponents when out of possesion and running with the ball from deep. Also, direct passing. As for the back four. Usually Hummels a bpd with a tight marking duty and subotic a def/limited defender that covers for hummels going forward. On the sides there were pizschek who hugged the line and had a more attacking duty and schmelzer, a supporting full back.

so team should look like.

-------------DLF(S)------------
------IF(A)----Ap(a)------W(s)
--------BWM(d/s)---DLP(S)---
FB(s)---BPD(d)----LD(C)---FB(A)
-------------GK(d)--------------

As for the passing, extremely direct and fast while in possesion and all-over-pitch pressing while out of possesion.

Good luck.

Personally i put up something like :
View attachment 300518View attachment 300517
Instructions screens i cannot screenshot, nor can i ss the personal ones.

View attachment 300514
View attachment 300512

Also, klopp tends to play a deeper variation of this, where bender is still a bwm but placed right in front of the back 4, gundogan still a dlp, also played deeper infield, but the playmaker becomes a supporting attacking midfielder and the forward becomes a target man (ramos). Play becomes even more direct with a focus on either the wings or directly the striker.

Also, vs mainz klopp used an asymetric formation, where gundogan was a box to boxer and kagawa was a pure trequirista. A winger on the flank to be exploited and a wide midfielder on the other to work in tandem with the full back. And a very advanced forward up front.

Something in the likes of.

----------AF------------
-------Treq-------W
-WM-----B2B-----
-------Bwm---------
fb----cd---bpd---fb

Hope it helps and your tactic is working fine.

u put 2 links up which one should i use?

its the same tactic really, one .tac one .fmf

Been plugging it into barcelona lineup 2nd season, worked great for a full season, only 2 draws where i had like 5 woodworks each game.

Sadly got destroyed by chelsea cl semifinal away and since i havent used it any more.

The concept is good, still, something is wrong.