Reaction score
Hi fellow football managers,

I finished my first Bundesliga season with Dortmund in fairly poor fashion from the football i was capable of.
2nd in the league was the high point but Dortmund won it in 2010/11 so 2nd wasnt really a decent performance.
I crashed out the German Cup in Round 2 to Leverkusen. Lost the Super Cup against Schalke in domestic cups.
Champions League group was Barcelona, AC Milan and Zenit (finished 3rd). In Europa League i pulled out Tottenham in the 1st Knockout Round draw and after winning 4-1 at Signal Iduna Park, I duely lost 3-0 at White Hart Lane and crashed out on away goals, Tottenham went on to win it.

My initial budget was set at £16.5m for 2nd season transfers of which i have used about £10m.
I need to know who to SELL and who Replace them with. £5m-£6.5m to play around with.

Heres My Squad:
View attachment 221949

How do i improve on that ?

Himcinschi is going out on loan because i have too many quality strikers and hes still only 17-18.

You have a good team mate, but I'd say play Gotze on the left as an inside fwd, as he's a natural AML. And on the right you can get someone like Ryad Boudebouz. Also probably a new right back, Sebastien Corchia maybe.

Sounds like a plan. Id love to bring in those 2. Corchia was awesome on fm11 but ive still never had him.

Im facing a few problems... I have too many strikers so im picking 2 striker formations mostly.
Kagawa can only play AMC which is a position i dont feel is needed because i want everything to go through Gotze.
If i did sell him though then theres only Gundogan and Leitner decent from the MC positions so i want a central adv playmaker whose not an AMC but still quality?

Recent team reports suggest i need a new right back and left back? Any ideas ?
Both Attacking Right Backs / Defensive Right Backs AND same with left backs?

Play a 4-2-3-1 with wingers then. Done it before for Dortmund, with great success as well.

Your team would look very nice like this-

------------Adler--------

Corchia-----Hummels---Subotic----Schmelzer

-----------Bender/Essien (ball winner)----- Gundogan (Adv Pl.)

Boudebouz/Reus--------Kagawa--------Gotze

------------------Adebayor/Barrios--------

Yes you do need a backup left-back, check out Saliou Ciss - Tromso, dirt cheap and brilliant. Also for backup right back, you already have Julian Koch who is decent enough. All you need is a first choice RB, backup LB and first choice RW.

Last edited: