Reaction score
In my 2nd season with Dortmund.. Not won anything as of yet.. Obviously I couldn't compete on signing big names with Bayern so I decided to bide my time and build a great young squad also keeping big names such as Reus and Hummells.. Signed
Casteels
Kranevitter
Tielemans
Balanta
Barbosa
Geis

Just wondering if anyone's had any success with Dortmund and is there any tips?

I am with Dortmund, bit it's 2023 and I only just took over, so I can't offer any help.

When I took over they coincidentally they had Balanta, Barbosa and Geis :)

Dortmund has a very strong talent base. They will be able to compete with Bayern. I like the guys that you added to the team. If you can just split the season series with Bayern and dominate the rest of the Bundesliga, you have a very good chance of winning the title.

The main thing that Bayern has going for it is Lewandowski, that guy is a goal machine. I feel that Dortmund needs to get a high production striker to get similar offensive consistency. See if you can sign a guy like Lukaku or Aboubaker. They will score for fun. Also, if you can get Timo Werner on the cheap from Stuttgart, he's a very good ST to develop for the future. Bags of potential and speed.

Just signed Simone Zaza and Lucas Romero.. Casteels doesn't seen to be developing

Good pickups. German talents can be expensive. And some of the best ones are owned by Bayern and they probably won't sell to a rival bundelsiga team like Dortmund cheaply.

Here are some of the german wonderkids that you can look to acquire, but I don't know if they will be affordable or on sale:
Timo Werner ST Stuttgart
Maxmillian Meyer AMC Gelsenkirchen
Joshua Kimmich DM/CM RB Leipzig
Leon Goretzka CM/DM Schalke
Mario Gotze AMC Bayern
Julian Draxler ML/AML Gelsenkirchen
Johannes Geis DM Mainz
Emre Can CM/DM Liverpool
Gianluca Gaudino CM Bayern
Serge Gnabry AMRC Arsenal
Donis Avdijaj AMC/ST Schalke
Vlachodimos GK Stuttgart II
Niklas Sule CB Hoffenheim

I'll upload some pics of my squad tomorrow guys. Really enjoying this save

Playing narrow diamond this is my 1st 11
gk - Casteels
cb -Hummells
cb - Balanta
rwb - darmian
lwb -Gaya
DM - krannviter
cm - Lucas Romero
cm - gerhardt
Amc - Coman
st - barbosa
st - Zaza

Oh yes, and how can I forget, Ter Stegen GK Barcelona. He usually costs about 30-40m but your team better be pretty successful first or he likely won't be interested in joining.

You look like you have a very promising talent-base for your Dortmund save. Let us know your end of season results and league table!!

If you want a beast in midfield on the cheap try Niklas Stark, although he's probably not good enough for Dortmund early on

You able to take some more conventional screenshots? Would make life a little easier.

Had to take pics on my phone.. When I press f12 to take a screenshot it saves to steam.. And no option to upload or save.. Anyone know how?

Gyazo can do the trick with upload.

Julian Brandt from leverkusen is a great wing talent. Volland and sule from hoffenheim.