McBainy

Reaction score
Hi all I am starting this thread called Do's and Don'ts to work out thing in FM14 that always work and things that Don't work

Like for me I have never had sucsess with more 2 pochers....:p

Also dont be aggressive with your players all the time....:p

I would like to see what thing you have come across thats work and thing that don't work....

I have DO.
When your players is complaining and want to move to a bigger club etc.:

Try talking it out at first, but if the player does'nt respond well - tell him you will have the conversation at a later time. Afterwards you get your captain and vc to try and sort out the issue. This has helped me keep several of my star players on a rising team (a thing I have always had problems with).

So do not always try an solve every issue in one conversation - it can end up ruining your relations with the player.

Last edited:
i do:
agressive when my team plays shockly and ends in a defeat,
assertive when we play good and just lose, draw win.
passionate when my team when we win league/cup
sign young players to build for future.
ask for a feeder/parent club.
upgrade facilities when i first start the save.

dont:
buy plays over 30 (unless im im managing a lower league team/taking over a team in jan thats fighting for suvival and need players to add depth to cover injuries/suspensions and thats only till end of season then let them go on a free.
have seperate tactics for home/away ( although starting to think it might help).

there is more but my mind gone blank haha

Do: Get older players! Tutor your youngsters! They are often for very little wage and can still contribute a lot.
Find your own style. This game allows for 1 tactic team but also hands on approach. Try to find what suits you...
Watch the Games in more depth then 'key" and "goal". At least extended...
Get good Director of football and head of youth development... Set them to find youngsters and be amazed what they find in the depths of football... You can always sign your own youngsters on the side!
Check expiring contracts around january... In 6 months many contracts expire and you can get them on a pre-contract then!

And much more ofcourse!

i do:
agressive when my team plays shockly and ends in a defeat,
assertive when we play good and just lose, draw win.
passionate when my team when we win league/cup
sign young players to build for future.
ask for a feeder/parent club.
upgrade facilities when i first start the save.

dont:
buy plays over 30 (unless im im managing a lower league team/taking over a team in jan thats fighting for suvival and need players to add depth to cover injuries/suspensions and thats only till end of season then let them go on a free.
have seperate tactics for home/away ( although starting to think it might help).

there is more but my mind gone blank haha

I disagree on older players... You need them to tutor youngsters and many are still quality... And they are cheap man!!!!!! Low wages and quality stats often enough... Many also join for lower squad status so don't have to play them once your youngster takes over

Do: Expect the game to **** you over.

Don't: Expect the game to not **** you over.

Don't: make 3 subs in one time even you're leading 3-0 at 75 mins...i lost a game, drew 2 in the end