dover21

Reaction score
BBCSports.png

ruud-van-nistelrooy.jpg

Legendary Striker Forced to Retire

Former Manchester United front man Ruud Van Nistelrooy has been forced to reitre due to a series of knee injuries. The 34 year old who has been playing for Hamburg in the Bundesliga for the past 18 months said, "By the time I am fully fit again it will be time to retire from the game, so i took the decision to talk to the chairman and we decided it was best for both parties if we terminated my contract."

"I have completed my UEFA badges and would love to have a go at coaching very soon."
The ex-Netherlands forward who netted 34 goals in 67 appearances for his country is currently back in his homeland recovering from some recent surgery but has stated that within a couple of months he would be on the lookout for jobs.
" Obviously I don't expect to be offered a job at one of the top clubs as I haven't got the required experience, in a few years time maybe, but not for now, I just want to get back involved in the game again."

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

FourFourTwoHeader.png

ajax.png

July 2nd 2010

Dutch Radio Interview

Reporter : The Ajax job is still available Ruud, would you be interested in taking over the position?
Ruud : Of course if they came and asked me for an interview then yes I would be delighted to take the job, they are a big club and most managers would do anything to manage a club with such a reputation.

Reporter : Do you think your love for rivals PSV hinder your chances of getting the job?
Ruud : I hope not, as I would not let this cloud my vision, I would get on with the job and worry about the club I am at.

Reporter : Thank you and good luck

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

pim-verbeek.jpg

July 6th 2010

54 year old Dutchman Pim Verbeek is the man Ajax FC have chosen to take the club forward, the former Feyenoord and South Korea boss has claimed that it was a dream come true to manage what he believes is the best team in the Eredivisie and hopes to guide them to a succesful campaign in Europe as well.

This news comes just days after former PSV front man Ruud Van Nistelrooy declared his interest in the job, but Ajax dismissed him due to his lack of managerial experience stating that if he coaches teams succesfully there may be a job for him in the future but for now they chose Verbeek to be the man for the job

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

sven.jpg

October 17th 2010

Shock Sven Sacking

Former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson has been sacked from Leicester City after only 4 months in the job. The Foxes who currently sit in 22nd position in the nPower Championship after a 3-1 defeat at home against Nottingham Forest are said to be looking for a replacement as soon as possible.

Phil Brown 4/1
Micky Adams 5/1
Luciano Spinosi 11/2
Johann Neeskens 13/2
Kevin Blackwell 9/1
Simon Grayson 12/1
Ruud Van Nistelrooy 16/1
Alan Shearer 16/1
Paul Jewell 18/1

20/1 Bar

21st October 2010

Johan Neeskens has accepted the offer from Leicester City and has signed a 3 year deal to become the new boss at the Walkers Stadium. 59 year old Neeskens who has previously been assistant manager at Barcelona, Galatasary and for the Dutch national team is said to relish the challenge and look forward to taking the side up to the to division.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

NottinghamForest.png

Ruud Gets his chance

18th November 2010

Nottingham Forest chairman Nigel Doughty has confirmed that Billy Davies has left the club, this comes on the back of a 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Watford. The departure of the 46 year old Scotsman is still quite surprising as they were sitting 11th in the nPower Championship table after 18 games.

Former Manchester United striker Ruud Van Nistelrooy has been appointed with immediate effect to take over at the City Ground, " I am delighted to have the opportunity to manage such a well supported club like Nottingham Forest, I loved playing in England and now look forward to managing here as well."

Doughty stated very clearly who he wanted to take over, " I wanted Ruud as the next manager for this football club, he is young and can bring lots of fresh ideas to this club and gain experience whilst hopefully guiding us back up to where we belong." Some fans are a little unsure about the appointment after reading stories of Martin O'Neill, Phil Brown and even Nigel Clough from main rivals Derby, but some do believe that Ruud can recapture the glory years of this club.

nottingham_city_ground11.jpg

Transfer Budget - 325k
Wage Budget - 4k over
Main Rivals - Derby, Notts County
Stadium - The City Ground, 29500 capacity

Will follow, please follow mine as well

Yes I will follow, read the first post and thought it was brilliant.

I will do monthly updates and try and add more details and more pictures such as league tables etc.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:08 PM ----------

NOVEMBER 2010

18th Nov - Paul McKenna confirmed as captain, Lee Camp vice-captain
18th Nov - Dele Adebola contract mutually terminated
20th Nov - Nottingham Forest vs Leeds United
24th Nov - Marc Hocher injured for 4 days
27th Nov - Derby vs Nottingham Forest
29th Nov - FA Cup 3rd round draw, Forest vs Swindon / Notts County

dexterblackstock.jpg

Forest 2
Leeds 0
A brace from Dexter Blackstock guided Forest to a comfortable 2-0 victory over Leeds at the City Ground. The first just before half time was a lowball in from Robert Earnshaw and Blackstock side footed home from 6 yards. Just after half- time Leeds were given a penalty for a foul on midfielder Jonny Howson but striker Ross McCormack put his spot kick wide, then in the 90th minute Blackstock turned on the ball from the edge of the box and blasted home his second of the game.
MoM - Dexter Blackstock

Derby 1
Forest 2
These 2 sides met in a fiery East Midlands derby at Pride Park, Rob Earnshaw gave Forest an early advantage tucking the ball in at the near post to give Forest the lead after just 3 minutes. Derby came back with the perfect response on 6 minutes when Irish internation Paul Green slotted home from 12 yards. These scores remained the same until just after half time when Earnshaw turned provider to cross and Dexter Blackstock to net his 3rd in 2 games from 6 yards out. Forest withstood some late pressure to hold on for victory.
MoM - Rob Earnshaw

Reporter : Beating your bitter rivals must make this victory even better for you?
Ruud : I am absolutely delighted, the performance was terrific from my players today and I am glad we could win and let the fans go home happy.

Reporter : You have enjoyed a brilliant start to your managerial career so far winning both matches, can your team maintain this form?
Ruud : Of course we can, the quality of players at the club is fantastic and we have strength in depth to cover if players are injured or out of form.

Current Injured Players
Joel Lynch - Knee tendonitis 4 weeks
Lee Camp - Fractured ribs 6 weeks

Top Scorers
Dexter Blackstock 13
Rob Earnshaw 8
Chris Cohen 5

npowerChampionshipInformation_LeagueTable.png