-Hoops

Reaction score
Right, I'm gonna try my hand at one of these Fantasy player stories, the ones I've seen on here have really inspired me. Seen as its my first story and I'm not exactly the best at this game I'm going to give myself a head start by making my guy good to start off with so it doesn't take me like 3/4 years to become successful, therefore making it more interesting for the reader (if i get any that is ) and less difficult for me. If people don't like the idea then I'll stop it and get someone to close the thread. Then hopefully if its a success then I'll do a proper one ?

ofoznl.jpg

I'll be writing it from the perspective of my created player, I will also be manager of Celtic, The Face is one i randomly picked from the 50k+ face pack as it kinda suited the picture i had in my head of him. Obviously his stats are very good but my aim in this short story is more to lead my team to glory rather than breakthrough into a team, if you get me ?

Player Info :-

• His name is Dougie Vegas. ( Don't ask, just kinda liked the name)
  • Born and raised in Bridgeton, Glasgow (Scotland obv).
  • D.O.B - 31st of December 1988 ( 20yrs old )
  • Only nationality is Scottish
  • Footballing history - Celtic Youth Academy/Reserve Team.
  • Position - Striker

it was December 2007 but I could remeber it like yesterday. It was my first day playing for The Celtic first team, I was obviously ecstatic, I wanted to stamp my place in the first team and impress the manager, Strachan. I always used to see him keeping tabs on me when he dropped by the U19's training sessions, all my coaches and fellow players told me i was destined for the big time. The dream was about to come true but the severe injury i suffered that night almost ruined my it all. A horror tackle from Rangers' Kirk Broadfoot left me mentally and physically torn. I remember being a 87th Minuit sub for Celtic in the 3-0 win over our bitter rivals. Seconds after i ran onto pitch replacing goal hero Scott McDonald, i found myself judging a through ball played to me by Shunsuke. As i went to take my first touch, the clearly frustrated Broadfoot lunged two footed into my left leg, ripping my sock and skin to shreds. As i layed there screaming in agony i was rushed off the field and taken to accident and emergency, i woke the next morning in a hospital bed in the Royal Infirmary to the voice of a doctor telling me I have tore the ligaments in my knee and that i would probably never play football again. All of a sudden my heart sank and my dream of becoming a footballer was all but gone. I would never get to rifle in the goals for my beloved Celtic like my Hero Henrik Larsson did whilst i was growing up. Or at least that's what i thought.

Over that 19months of miraculous recovery and After a few weeks of light training pre-season, i was just about fit again and absolutely raring to get back into football.

Today , 21st of July (09) was my first game back and me and the other reserve boys were away to Beith, in a pre-season friendly. I was surprisingly un-nervous for my first game in the best part of 2 years, maybe it was because the opposition were absolutely ... poor.

We lined up with

Samaras - Spence
Vallers - Zhi - Grant - Carey
Naylor - Jones - Tolmie - Kurakins
Cervi

i was on the bench but was told i would be on in the Second half.

The score was 4-0 at half time goals coming from Spence, Zhi, Samaras And Naylor.
I was brought on at the hour mark, literally seconds after i came on the pitch Zhi was brought down in the box. I was told to take the penalty, this was surprisingly a big moment for me, it was the one that brought the confidence back. I took three paces back, ran forward and thrashed it into the top right hand corner. At the 71st Minuit, sub McGowan played an inch perfect through ball which i tanned the two defenders for pace and coolly slotted it home.
FT Score was 6-0, really pleased with my comeback into football. Now hopefully on to bigger and better things. I know I've got what it takes, fingers crosses the new manager, Mr Reeves, realises he's got a gem here.

So how did it go ? there bound to be a few mistakes and stuff, just want to know how i can improve and if you's like it.

Last edited: