neil4690

Reaction score
View attachment 268633

I can't get Douglas Costa to live up to his stats, been playing him AMR as an attacking winger but he does nothing for me and im using Gylfi Sigurdsson a lot more instead, any advice on training him differently or playing him in a different position/role?

Thanks!

1. Train him to play as a FC
2. watch him score for fun
3. Profit ????

Last edited:
Well you could put him as an inside forward as well..he does extremely well in that role too.

Cheers for that mate, he played very well, got an 8.3 average and 2 assists against Marseille in the Champions League!

Cheers for that mate, he played very well, got an 8.3 average and 2 assists against Marseille in the Champions League!
Glad he's working out for you :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

He's one of my favourtie player in FM, I put him on inside forward with a duty to attack on the right, since his foot is very strong on the left so he just blast into the net and scores loads and scores for fun too! :D He's flippin' awesome! Never let me down ever! He's also my hero scoring 2 goals against Barca in 1st knockout round in Champ Leauge in 2nd season!

I'm managing Shakthar!

I have the same problem, cant get him perform good. I use him as AMR - IF, but his rating is around 6,4/6,5 every game. I was watching 3d match and it looks like he doesn't run with ball as often as i want, he lose ball easy (too easy for 17 dribbling), he is running too slow, not using his pace, and i also want more through balls.
So, could someone post his instructions? And what about PPM's, they also looks like problem, but it'll take too much time to unlearn all of them and learn him right.

He scored 20 goals for me in my first season as Man City, bought him as a squad player, got James Milner to tutor him and he ended up winning player of the season. Some games he'd score multiple free kicks, absolute beast. Played him in most of the attacking midfield roles really, if you've only just signed him give him time to settle.