Coup1980

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've just got Dover into the prem pretty much back to back bar one season where I finished 8th in league 2.
i have the smallest wage budget in the league by a country mile.
What can I do to survive that first season Any tips / players to bring in for cheap?

Don't completely change the team. Keep the core of your team the same - Follow Swansea's example in real life, not QPRs!

Although you will need to buy a few fairly expensive players, also make sure you are prepared in case you do go straight back down. Buy some youngsters so that even if you get relegated and have to sell your best playerst, you have young players on low wages ready to bring you up again. Also take advantage of the extra income - do your best to get all the facilities and the stadium upgraded :D

Can't really suggest players until I know what season you are in, which database you are using and what budgets do you have?

The season is 2018 june database is england spain brazil italy germany argentina i have no budget this first season in the prem thats the prob :).......

im thinking try and stay up then build from there :)

Id start by requesting funds from your board... you may get something seeing how well you have done so far, otherwise as Scotty said.. look at youth and players that will benefit from a season in the premiership. Take the chance to build for the future, if you feel you won't stay in the division then plan for 2/3 seasons ahead.

You could look at the free transfer market for a few 'older' stars, i'm sure there will be a few in 2018 now that could give you a short term boost (also tutor some of the youngsters) just make sure you add relegation clauses or you could face some issues if you are relegated.

whenever I am in control of a newly promoted team that is likely to go back down, I immediately begin planning for two years from now.

Bring in players that will still be there in two years, and players that will have developed. Focus this season in the PL on development, next season on the tactic, and dominating the championship, then you will be set up to succeed immediately in year 3.