BlueHawaiian

Reaction score
Hi, I'm getting inceasingly frustrated by the bias on the match engine - is there a way I can downgrade to a previous version of the game? I seriously can't take this match engine anymore (there are just far too many games where you completely outplay the opposition and don't win). I'm playing through Steam too, if that makes a difference, thanks
(sorry if this isn't the right forum to post this in, I wasn't sure)

I don't know how to downgrade if that's possible, I'm here for motivation :D

Don't give up on a save because things aren't going your way. Just sit back and relax, review your tactics and then laugh at the game for having a poor ME because you know your tactic should be winning. Eventually, if you keep morale high and your strikers scoring, you will find a good form and stay in it for awhile if you have the squad depth.
Goodluck, BlueHawaiian.

If winning on FM is too big of a challenge then.... good luck in life.

View attachment 344276

Ps. If you outplay them and don't beat them, then you already know what is wrong. Have private chats with your strikers and tell them they need to score more or else they'll be dropped. It did wonders for me.

You can't go back to a previous version and there's no bias.

It's not about the challenge, I finished 2nd last year, but i'd rather have something realistic. I would rather finish 5th and that be an accurate reflection of how i performed than finish 2nd and deserved to have won 90% of my games. I would rather NOT outplay basically every team, because at least that sets something to work towards.

As for there being no cpu bias: rubbish. I have a single player game where I honestly haven't noticed any sort of bias, but on my online two player game, there definitely is. I had a run of 10 games last season where the below screenshots all happened - View attachment 343661View attachment 343660View attachment 343659View attachment 343658

I realise this sort of thing happens sometimes, and as frustrating as it is, it's understandable. But it shouldn't happen as often as it does.

It's not about the players (my striker was top league goalscorer, and also scored the most goals in the confederations cup, and my GK is Argentina's no:1) - it doesn't matter who you have, they all miss almost every single 1-on-1. I score more goals from corner highlights than from one-on-one highlights. My friend in the two player game has had the exact same problems with his team too; most games you will only score about 1 from every 3 cccs, and the computer will score every single one. Even when playing a team from the lower leagues in a cup, they score every chance

Last edited:
What exactly is your half complete stat screens supposed to show?

Post your tactical setup and PKMs of matches.

What exactly is your half complete stat screens supposed to show?

Post your tactical setup and PKMs of matches.

it is a selection of games where i dominated and didn't win, all within a spell of about 10 games. If you don't have a bias towards the cpu teams, good for you, but I've played this multiplayer game for 5/6 seasons on this new patch, and I believe there is.
As for my tactical setup, if there is some flaw in my tactics, I shouldn't dominate like I do. 12 cccs v 1 for Chelsea indicate that tactically, i'm spot on. As i said, I would rather the games I drop points in have specific reasons rather than just my team missing 3 or 4 one-on-ones, and the cpu scoring any chance they get.

It's a 100% fact that the match engine doesn't favour the computer over you. It doesn't know the difference. You can believe it all you want, but you're undoubtedly wrong.

it is a selection of games where i dominated and didn't win, all within a spell of about 10 games. If you don't have a bias towards the cpu teams, good for you, but I've played this multiplayer game for 5/6 seasons on this new patch, and I believe there is.
As for my tactical setup, if there is some flaw in my tactics, I shouldn't dominate like I do. 12 cccs v 1 for Chelsea indicate that tactically, i'm spot on. As i said, I would rather the games I drop points in have specific reasons rather than just my team missing 3 or 4 one-on-ones, and the cpu scoring any chance they get.
You're too focused on CCCs. The game can be very wrong in how they're calculated and if you're continually creating those CCCs, you won't be getting far, as you've found out. I didn't say there's anything wrong with your setup. I just asked you to post it with the PKMs because it would make analysing the PKMs easier.

maybe the problem is with one-on-ones in that case, just too few of a percentage seem to be scored. It's a shame if that is the case, because really if a team in real life creates 3 or 4 of these per game, they will score more than they miss generally, so it doesn't seem fair that a match engine would effectively punish a team that plays that way if that is the case.

maybe the problem is with one-on-ones in that case, just too few of a percentage seem to be scored. It's a shame if that is the case, because really if a team in real life creates 3 or 4 of these per game, they will score more than they miss generally, so it doesn't seem fair that a match engine would effectively punish a team that plays that way if that is the case.
Possible in your case, but I'm not having any problems scoring 1 v 1s.

No, they won't. The conversion rate for one on ones IRL is well below 50%, even for the top strikers.

No, they won't. The conversion rate for one on ones IRL is well below 50%, even for the top strikers.

where are you getting your information from?
I would say my conversion rate for one-on-ones is probably about 1 in 5 (for players with above 15 for finishing, composure, and decisions)

Again, in my single player game, with players of a similar calibre, I've not had any problems with one-on-ones. Its very odd. I know there are some things that affect online multiplayer games that don't seem to happen in a single player game (or at least I haven't had in the 20+ seasons i've logged in total), like how sometimes not having a contract offer for a player come up on your news feed once a bid is accepted (you have to manually go to the player's profile and select the newly available 'offer contract' button there), having goals occur without a highlight being shown, and having contract offers remain in limbo with players (you have to withdraw the offer and start again when this happens), so maybe this is something along those lines.

Last edited:
The ME is the same regardless, so I wouldn't have expected any big differences. Are you managing the same team in the same year with the same strikers?

I've noticed with one world-class striker of mine, that just changing him to the STCL position (I play with two strikers) from his initial STCR made a noticeable difference in his overall scoring. He just seems more comfortable on that side.

I am not sure about the stats for 1v 1s but the top strikers score 1 in every 5 shots. My strikers range from 1 in 6 to 1 in 3 so some of them are doing better than real life figures. Can't speak for online games though, except to say that there shouldn't be any difference.