Downloaded tactics seems "locked"? Newbie need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caranthir

Reaction score
Ok being new to FM I am probably stupid, but when I download and use tactics (tried Raikan, Solid, Devasto etc). I can play with them fine after importing them, but cant see what kind of role each playerposition is supposed to have (ie Trequartista etc) and the boxes for Philosophy and Strategy are greyed out and cant be accessed.

If I make my own tactic it works fine and I can choose what role any midfielder should have, but doesnt work with this one.

I have Devasto 4-2-2-2 as primary and Solid 4-2-3-1 as backup and neither of them can be edited or even shows what role each position should have.

Any advice?

It's probably because the tactics are on "Classic" mode, or whatever it is.. Once they are classic tactics you cannot change a players role. If it's not that then I have no idea.

Since I am a newbie, what is classic mode? And how can I remove it?

Ok you are correct, I see that all those downloaded tacts come up with a "C" in dark in front of the filename when I import them. So I guess its nothing I can do about it, its just how those tactics are built up?

Last edited:
Yeah that's classic. Once you change a normal tactic to classic you cannot change it back. I'd check the threads from which your tactic is for and see what they say each players role is

Status
Not open for further replies.