Darandio

Destroyer Of Ego's
Reaction score
I wasn't even sure which section to put this in, so Discussion seemed the most likely.

I have noticed this mentioned both on this forums and others, some seem to use the system as part of their enjoyment of Football Manager, some don't, or see it as a bit silly. I have been using it as a method since the days of Championship Manager, nearly 20 years. In the days before I was able to use spreadsheets, it was a case of printing my squad and writing the relevant calculations alongside. I'm not sure if anyone has ever released the spreadsheets they produce, but with my own website and space available to do so, I'm going to release mine.

Starting with the English Premier League for update 13.3.0 onwards, these spreadsheets list the first team players for each team along with selected reserve and youth players. Set in eight positional tabs, each one contains five key attributes to each position, with the attribute inputted for each player how it stands at the start of the game, this gives a positional score of 100. As an example, Lionel Messi in the Attacking Midfield role scores 97/100, but you will find that even the players you consider to be close to him don't even come near.

The spreadsheets are intended to be particularly useful when starting a new game, working under the default 13.3.0 database, where you can be given an instant overview of your squad. This enables you to work out what positions you may need to strengthen, if there are any reserve players that can be promoted to the first team, or if loan players can be recalled where permitting. Where a player is capable of playing in more than one position, these players are duplicated in italics at the bottom of the relevant tab.

It's not foolproof of course, people won't agree with the five attributes and the system doesn't take into account age or potential, it's merely designed to be a basic system to provide an easier start, but it is a system I have used and enjoyed for nearly 20 years. It's then up to the user to make decisions based on the spreadsheet, the user can then update the spreadsheet when required to take into account incoming/outgoing transfers, any players added and the correct fields updated will automatically generate the final "score" for the user. This also is applicable when players improve and the fields are updated.

The spreadsheets are created in OpenOffice and uploaded in .ods format and can be downloaded from the website here: Football Manager 2013

If .ods isn't suitable for people, I can look at providing alternative links, I believe OpenOffice also exports for Excel? An example is given below.

Last edited:
this looks god haa,

for my main run through of saves,
i do something similar, but add ALL the attributes the game says for that position,
Then i average between the scores, that is my main starting line up :p

but for one off games i add multipliers in and things :p

i will try this for my smaller games haha :)
good stuff:)

Sounds interesting. :)

I also don't mind requests. Although it takes a good few hours to put together a full league's worth of teams, I don't mind doing the occasional club request if you are planning on starting a new game.

All new spreadsheets will be uploaded to the link above.

I have uploaded another few teams this morning for the English Championship and Spanish Liga BBVA. Rather than doing each set in a full league block, which takes time, I will just constantly update the page as and when they are ready.

If anyone has any requests for clubs, feel free to post them here, it's much easier for me to fulfil requests quickly for specific clubs.

Lol I do spreadsheets with apps and goals! For my teams so I can see top apps and goals over the years