Drawing too many games with man united

dannyboy50

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone can help me.
I'm playing a save with Manchester United and I seem to have a recurring problem.

We regularly have more shots than the opposition and still end up drawing games.
The typical scenario is playing someone as mediocre as Hull at home, we have 25 shots, 12 on target, 60% possession and still can’t find the net.
I’m using a 4-2-3-1 formation and my AMC is getting an average rating of 6.4!

View attachment 337121View attachment 337120View attachment 337119

Any help with what I appear to be doing wrong would help, any further info required, please ask!

Well, You play high possesion, wide game. Your striker is poacher who is always in line with defence and tries to get in space. Now, since you pressure opponent in his side of field, you may want to reconsider role for Van Persie. Simply, there is no space for him to exploit behind D-line.
Also, you have two wingers. This might be good option if you had any hight advantage, but you dont. Van Persie is not that tall, and Farfan, Mata and Nanny are more on small side, so your game plan is to cross a lot, but this is not working. So your players are trying to do something else. But you have setup where your wingers are wide, so there is no runs, cuts which would breakdown their defence. In other words, with this setup you do not create any space.

I do not know what is better solution, You might bring Fellaini more often in box if you want to force crosses, it would be beneficial (put Fellaini on CM-att), or you might change roles for Mata/Van Persie (some AP-att/ F9 combination seem appropriate, and bring in one of the wingers as cutter on INF rolle...

You also might want to change up your gameplan diferently. If you want to keep Van Persie on Poacher duty, you have to create space for him. So no hassle, and by all means, no high possesion game. Also, you might want to give him someone who will give him passes trough defence (Mata should be AP-supp then).

There is lot of ways that you might solve this. Worst way to attack opponent in my oppinion is when you have only one goalscoring treath - and this is your case. Whole team is trying to give ball to Van Persie to score in space that does not exists.