Draxler - El Sharaawy - Balotelli - Lukaku - Mitrovic or Reus ????

Camshaft961

Reaction score
In my 2nd Season with Man Utd

I use F9's and a Poacher. I wanna hear peoples thoughts on who they think I should go for as an F9? Also want to buy an AF, T or Poacher also. I realise i wil have to retrain some of these players to fit my system. I am entirely open to this. Rooney is also out for 5 months so he will prob be sold as he wont reach the heights he did last season. I would also be willing to buy Lukaku or Mitrovic as out and out strikers (no retrain) as I sold RVP for ?40m

Draxler is available for ?38.5m Release Clause, I can get El Sharaawy and Balotelli around the same price, Reus for ?29.5m release clause and dont know about Mitrovic or Lukaku. Mitrovic will be pretty cheap, I imagine Lukaku will be pretty expensive.

Any thoughts are welcome. Cheers

Last edited:
Why the heck are you playing as United if you just sold every player that makes them Manchester United? You have like six of your original players left...

Cos I am Scottish, have no affiliation with Utd, Enjoy playing with them, and to be fairly honest, most of their team are ****! But I apologise Alienman, I never realised that it was frowned upon to move players on and build your own squad. My bad....

Cos I am Scottish, have no affiliation with Utd, Enjoy playing with them, and to be fairly honest, most of their team are ****! But I apologise Alienman, I never realised that it was frowned upon to move players on and build your own squad. My bad....
think some 1 needs to cill and have a lie down in a dark room for a bit

I am asking about players! Hence the title, if I should put the post elsewhere or have posted in the wrong section then I apologise and will rectify it

Seems to me you're just trying to brag about your transfers and squad, which tbh aren't all that much to brag about. If you wanted to ask about which players to buy you should've just posted in the deal or no deal thread.

Also, erm, those tactics don't make much sense to me.. You're sort of under-utilizing your squad if you have 3 forwards up-front, out of which two are F9. On top of it, you don't have an Advanced Playmaker upfront to take advantage of those F9, you're making your Central Midfielder run all the way upfront..

Jesus people give him a break! He's using players he likes so why would anyone else worry about it?

Out of those I would say El Sharaawy as he can play very well up front but can over a good few other positions to do a job.

You still have Rooney though so maybe use him and get Mitrovic as back up until he develops.

(just seen that Rooney is out for ages, still, Mitrovic would be a good young player :) )

Last edited:
As Joe said, it doesn't affect you lot at all, so there is really no point in commenting. The whole point of football manager is to create your own tactics and use the players you want to...

What's your budget Camshaft, and how much are you willing to spend on strikers, as it doesn't sound like you have enough of them to play 3 upfront. If you can, I'd buy Lukaku and then either Reus or El Shaarawy (depending on what you can afford), to give you 2 completely different options.

As Joe said, it doesn't affect you lot at all, so there is really no point in commenting. The whole point of football manager is to create your own tactics and use the players you want to...

What's your budget Camshaft, and how much are you willing to spend on strikers, as it doesn't sound like you have enough of them to play 3 upfront. If you can, I'd buy Lukaku and then either Reus or El Shaarawy (depending on what you can afford), to give you 2 completely different options.

As you are not using wingers maybe try adding Zaha in a swap deal with El Sharaawy which may leave you with enough to bring in Mitrovic too. They're both young and can improve but El Sharaawy is good enough to start most games. (added bonus that if you do decide to use wingers El Shaarawy can play on both flanks :) )

How good is Goretzka? Got a screenshot? I've never used him before!

i'd get draxler if it was me!! But I am a united fan and I see no issue with getting rid of the squad to be honest our squad is awful its average and you've managed to make it awesome my only issue is to many foreigners in it would be nice to see more English!!