Dresden: Back to The Champions League Final

Reaction score
Great news for Dynamo Desden Fan's....

Matthias Maucksch, former player for Dresden, has been sacked by the Dresden Board because of constant impatience and lack of wins.

dresden search for new manager has ended today as Dresden have replaced Matthias Maucksch with Inexperienced former New Zealand international Cameron Pope.The New Zealander has been an integral part of Auckland City's Title run in New Zealand but decided to hang up his boots and Manage.

Pope released this statement on the Dresden website:

'This is a great oppurtunity, i've never managed before but this looks like my time to shine'.

Pope will take over the reigns on the 7th of July 2009.

Transfers Have Arrived

I would like to talk about 4 transfers

View attachment 68336

Great player, looks to be integral for any promotion push, hoping for plenty of goals!

View attachment 68337

Good defender and first choice centreback for Venezuela. Looks solid.

View attachment 68338

Former Standard Liege starlet, great player. Suprised with this one. Beat competition from Sunderland for him!

View attachment 68339

Former Everton Star, looks integral to the Promotion Push!

Full transfers up soon!

What Country Are the team you are managaging? and what division? Never heard of them anyway Good Luck(H)

Transfer Update!

View attachment 69776

Toleski has been in good form recently, scoring 10 goals in 20 matches. It may not be immpressive but goal aren't hard to come by for my team!

Goal Scoring Table And Average Rating

View attachment 69780

View attachment 69777

View attachment 69778

View attachment 69775

View attachment 69774

He's been in good form of late, a hat-trick against AUE was good. I'm still devastated by our 4-0 loss against Burghausen.

All in All i am very happy:D;):D with our resuts, and us sitting Pretty at 4th on the table.

over and Out!(H)

748_Dynamo_Dresden08sm.gif

Nice story ! You've made some good sigings and doing well in the league.

Yeah thanks, toleski has been great. So has Serhat Akin. Though Not really mentioned yet The former turkish intenational's intelligence on the field is great. also alex (My best defender) got injured for 4 months!:':)':)':)O:O:O Broken Wrist doesn't take 4 months!:'(

Anyway, i want promotion! And a new Chairman:( Our finances are Ïnsecure"and our chairman loves the club!

Anyway Enjoy the story! Next Update Soon!

Dresden....

Over And Out

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Also Toleski has the most goals and most assists in the league!(H)

Over and Out

End Of season Update :D

finished 6th in the league :O:O

The Big Budjet teams were just to strong for us!:':)'(

League table
View attachment 70389

League Games

Average Rating
View attachment 70390

Player of the Season My Opinion:
View attachment 70395

Top Scorer:
View attachment 70391
Board Reaction:

I hope i will get more money for next year please board!

Thanks for following!

Transfers and Stuff will be up soon!

Over and Out!

PS: Does anyone listen to music when u play fm cause i do! Tell me some good songs!

View attachment 70389

View attachment 70390

View attachment 70391

View attachment 70392

View attachment 70393

View attachment 70394

View attachment 70395

View attachment 70396

I can't work with no money! Stupid Board!:(:O:S:mad:

Thanks any transfer Suggestions?:)

Over and Out!

What league is Dresden in your save?
Can't remember when I ran across them on my way up in my Germany save....might have some ideas.
Depends really on how many leagues/countries you have loaded, but without work permits to worry about there's boundless talent to be had for free.
Also, try to get a parent club and loan players if you can, apart from quality free agents the best way to get talent to play for you.

On a side note, I do enjoy LLM saves, but the whole embedded screenshots that open in a new tab/window really take me out of a story....

Music tips: "Kick some a$$" - Stroke 9
perfect for a match you are favorite for.

Edit:

Also : " Dresden: Back to The Champions League Final " - although they played in thew Bundesliga for a couple of years, I don't think they ever got close to even qualifying for a European competition, so this might be a bit misleading as a title.

Last edited:
On a side note, I do enjoy LLM saves, but the whole embedded screenshots that open in a new tab/window really take me out of a story....

What does that mean?

Thanks they got to the champions league

First leg24 October 1973
Bayern Munich 4 – 3 Dynamo DresdenOlympiastadion, Munich
Attendance: 50,000
Referee: Davidson (Scotland)Hoffmann 17'
Dürnberger 26'
Roth 71'
Müller 83'Hansen 13' (o.g.)
Zakse 36'
Heidler 42'
[edit] Second leg

7 November 1973
Dynamo Dresden 3 – 3 Bayern MunichRudolf-Harbig-Stadion, Dresden
Attendance: 36,000
Referee: Robert Wurtz (France)Wätzlich 42'
Siede 52'
Häfner 56'
Hoeneß 10', 12'
Müller 58'
Bayern Munich won 7–6 on aggregate.

They are in league 3 (div 3)

Thanks mate, btw your story was great andre and meza, what bargains!

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

O i get it....

It works for me, just tried it, are you sure?

Point taken on the Champions League history - have to admit that I didn't look that far back.

The "it takes me out..." comment means just that I personally am a much bigger fan of having images viewable directly in the thread instead of having to look at a pop-up/new tab/new window.
Just my personal preference...

And my story is still going, just had fewer updates recently due to a lot of work at...well, work.

Anyway, good luck on your save.

(BTW...did you load enough leagues to have your "B" squad available? That's about the one thing that I really hate about my save, that I have to have such a small squad or players get unhappy since I don't have a reserve team....)

Transfers have arrived!

Real Good Transfer Window... 12 in, 17 out

Here they are.....

View attachment 70403

There is a couple i would like to talk about...;)

View attachment 70405

Tony Valera was great last year at RKC in the dutch leagu:De, this inspired me to sign him Shoul be a good replacement for Vidosic.

View attachment 70406

Former Preston Man Seyfo Soley:), should be a common name for us lower league managers. He Didn't have a club last year, but he looks like my first choice CB at the moment.

View attachment 70407

Jamie Coine, an Aussie in the mix, looks good and looks ready to fill Contento's hole:'( in the back line.

View attachment 70408

Great young player, Johan Jahnsen, will be first choice this year after losing patience with Axel Teller.(H)

View attachment 70409

My new CB, Gunnarson looks to be a great player. Though he is like 35 years old;), he will be an integral part of our new look defence.

My Squad:

View attachment 70402

My Tactics:

View attachment 70411

Thanks will like to see us up there this year.

Media is predicting us ...

2nd!!:O

**** expectation, aw well lets get it going!

Over and Out!

Transfers tommorow!

PS: Season Report

Really happy with Toleski, he was awesome! He got an injury near the beginning of the campaign and and has come back and scored the most in the league. Fantastic Stuff!

Good Bye Serhat Akin, leader and former div. 3 team of the year player, he was great this year aswell

Transfers have been good, but haven't ever spent anymoney on ANYONE because the board is so gay and finances are Ïnsecure"GAY!

Anyway Transfers soon!

Good Signings in the mix!

Over and Out!

Shame....I actually liked it a lot. And doing a Dresden save myself. In case you havent changed your mind, you should ask a mod to close the thread.

Yeh, i know. I fust felt well, pointeless, there was nothing going on with so yeah!

Thanks for the support.

Ps can u ask the moderator to close this thread 4 me, thanks

Ok, I will. On the other hand, I will start a Dresden Story myself. So far, 14 games in league, 1st place and 6 pts ahead of second...