popey81

Reaction score
So i decided to start a brand new game after a while away (blame the mrs) and since coming back i just cant seem to do well at all. My usual tactics dont work, other peoples tactics dont work. Ive been sacked from Watford and Chesterfield and now am not doing much with Grimsby!!

Ive tried loads of different tactics which were recommended but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

have a simple classic tactic and get some decent frees

Ive signed some decent free's, checked all the players are good enough for the positions and still nothing!!

Theres another thing too, i dont think my Steam has updated my patches properly. Any idea on how to sort this?

Cheers for the tactic, ill give it a shot.

Steam gets official patches with no problem. But if you think it's messed up you need to reinstall.

I used to have you problem in the "old" days,but then I made situational tactics;
One for home games where I play a 4231 short passing game,trying to dominate.
One for away games where I play 4222 direct counter attacking
One for major underdogs,playing 433 heavy defensive/counter attacking.

Using one tactic for all situations is pretty much bound to fail.

Cheers guys. Seemed to of picked up a bit now using the German tactic, still the odd blip but its much better now. Will uninstalling steam ruin my game though or shal i just back up the save?

Cheers guys. Seemed to of picked up a bit now using the German tactic, still the odd blip but its much better now. Will uninstalling steam ruin my game though or shal i just back up the save?

You cant play the game without having STEAM installed so make sure you uninstall and reinstall at à time you dont want to play FM,( if things go wrong with the new installment)

You cant play the game without having STEAM installed so make sure you uninstall and reinstall at à time you dont want to play FM,( if things go wrong with the new installment)

Yeah i understand that but what i meant was if i uninstall STEAM and install it again will i lose my current save? Will it wipe the whole of my logo's, faces, badges etc off or will they still be fine in the folder there in?

Yeah i understand that but what i meant was if i uninstall STEAM and install it again will i lose my current save? Will it wipe the whole of my logo's, faces, badges etc off or will they still be fine in the folder there in?

No, steam is one program and the game is another. Btw, if you load up à save and look under game status( right dropmenu), what does it say about the version you are playing ?

No, steam is one program and the game is another. Btw, if you load up à save and look under game status( right dropmenu), what does it say about the version you are playing ?
It says 12.2.2 which is the correct update isnt it. Thats cool then, i swear it said 12.2.0 before :/

It says 12.2.2 which is the correct update isnt it. Thats cool then, i swear it said 12.2.0 before :/

Thats the databas though. When you start à new save, it Will say 12.2.0 since its the latest databas but you Will still be playing all games on the 12.2.2 hotfix patch.