Drogba backs Toure over drug test

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Didier Drogba backs his Ivorian colleague Kolo Toure by declaring his failed drugs test a "stupid mistake".

More...

He would, the mad lunatic! The words '*******' and 'disgrace' come to mind!

...for taking a diet pill? ^

Think about what you write...

drogba is only backing him cos he is from the ivory coast if he was scottish and played for chelsea he would keep his mouth out!

drogba is only backing him cos he is from the ivory coast if he was scottish and played for chelsea he would keep his mouth out!

Or maybe because he knows Toure as a person seeing as they both play for the Ivory Coast?

whether its a diet pill is irrelevant, the rules are very very clear. you are responible for what you take, that's why you see your club doctor for everything. if you are not sure, you dont take it. simple

Of course he's going to defend him it's his friend. Yeah I heard he went into the chemist and asked if he was allowed it as he was a footballer and was told he was. Unfortunate thing to happen to him.

whether its a diet pill is irrelevant, the rules are very very clear. you are responible for what you take, that's why you see your club doctor for everything. if you are not sure, you dont take it. simple

Whether you're a Man Utd fan is irrelevant, fans being biased is very very clear. You are responsible for what you say, that's why you spout biased on every Man City thread. If you weren't a Man Utd fan, you wouldn't of posted that. simple.

Last edited:
Its not always what pill has been recovered by the drug sample either, if there is a drug that is listed as prohibited by WADA then if found, sanctions occur. Although it is also known that many drugs and combinations of drugs can cover up more serious doses of P.E.D's, which is why the matter is judged so seriously (even with pills that may not look advantageous) due to various methods previously being used by professional sports players.

Last edited:
Whether you're a Man Utd fan is irrelevant, fans being biased is very very clear. You are responsible for what you say, that's why you spout biased on every Man City thread. If you aren't a Man Utd fan, you wouldn't of posted that. simple.
Well I agree with what he said, and i'm a liverpool fan. So maybe now argue his actual point?

Well I agree with what he said, and i'm a liverpool fan. So maybe now argue his actual point?

It wasn't the point that wrong. Circumstantially yes, taking a drug off a banned list is bad and yes he should be banned - but what's winding me up is all the 'oh what a disgrace' 'ban him for life' (and before you go mental, I know Mike didnt mention this), primarily from Manchester United fans etc, and I find it extremely difficult to believe Mike would of posted his post on a similiar thread about a player from any other club, especially a Man Utd player. Bottom line, until proven otherwhise, it seems to of been a diet pill. Everyone needs to chill out, people acting like he's done a Rio or a Mutu - guy just felt a bit chubby (or whatever)

His point is ofc, valid.

Whether you're a Man Utd fan is irrelevant, fans being biased is very very clear. You are responsible for what you say, that's why you spout biased on every Man City thread. If you weren't a Man Utd fan, you wouldn't of posted that. simple.
sigh. dont actually show any bias. i feel sorry for him, but that is the Doping rules..

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

It wasn't the point that wrong. Circumstantially yes, taking a drug off a banned list is bad and yes he should be banned - but what's winding me up is all the 'oh what a disgrace' 'ban him for life' (and before you go mental, I know Mike didnt mention this), primarily from Manchester United fans etc, and I find it extremely difficult to believe Mike would of posted his post on a similiar thread about a player from any other club, especially a Man Utd player. Bottom line, until proven otherwhise, it seems to of been a diet pill. Everyone needs to chill out, people acting like he's done a Rio or a Mutu - guy just felt a bit chubby (or whatever)

His point is ofc, valid.
tubby i did post it about, and why rio deserved his ban. next time you should actually read my posts before you accuse me of bias...

tubby i did post it about, and why rio deserved his ban. next time you should actually read my posts before you accuse me of bias...

You want me to trawl through 10k posts incase you said something related before I post? Make a MikePostSearcherTool or no :P

only one person said ban him for life, in fact everyone else said he could get banned from 8 months to two years. the only one showing bias here is you.

oh and rio didnt fail a drug test, he missed it

He said he took a dieting pill? Why the **** would he be on them, it's not as if he's over weight.

only one person said ban him for life, in fact everyone else said he could get banned from 8 months to two years. the only one showing bias here is you.

oh and rio didnt fail a drug test, he missed it

Well I didn't mean specifically this one thread but a fair point, those are some general opinions I have read on the various Toure threads on this site and in general on the internet.

also isn't refusing to take/ missing a drug test worse than showing up and being found to have taken a diet pill? Debatable though I know.

He said he took a dieting pill? Why the **** would he be on them, it's not as if he's over weight.

40% of people on diets probably don't need them. Think teenage girls, it's all subjective

I feel sorry for him, Just a moment of stupidity. Lesson learned though next time i'm sure he will check with a club doctor.

Back