AlanScrim20

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but I have a question that I need an anser too...

Im playing a game as Chelsea, bringing the young players through, was just wondering when Drogba retires, his stats and performances are starting to slip but I don't want to sell him because he has helped Franco Di Santo improve alot and I feel if I sell him my players will be unhappy...

So my question for anyone who has a long term save on FM, what season does Drogba retire...im currently in 2012/2013 season and he is talking about management after he finishes playing, but still no sign of him leaving yet...

Cheers for any info guys

Hi, not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but I have a question that I need an anser too...

Im playing a game as Chelsea, bringing the young players through, was just wondering when Drogba retires, his stats and performances are starting to slip but I don't want to sell him because he has helped Franco Di Santo improve alot and I feel if I sell him my players will be unhappy...

So my question for anyone who has a long term save on FM, what season does Drogba retire...im currently in 2012/2013 season and he is talking about management after he finishes playing, but still no sign of him leaving yet...

Cheers for any info guys
dont get rid of him, just lower his status, rotate him in and out of the side. not sure when he retires, it will vary on playing time

Cheers, yeah he has been a huge benefit for developing Borini, Di Santo, Destro and Aaron Spear so I really dont want to get rid of him, any idea when Lampard or Terry retire??

am in the same season as you playing as united and lampard and terry are still going strong, so maybe 14/15, or even 15/16

Terry goes for a while sometimes, in a few saves he still is the starting CB for England for the 2018 cup!

2018! really! i wouldnt mind that actually because my defence is weak without him in it haha, got too many players in Lampards position tho he hardly gets a game anymore!

defintely replace drogba with lacina traore he is a beast and labelled the next drogba but dont sell drogba

but I don't want to sell him because he has helped Franco Di Santo improve alot and I feel if I sell him my players will be unhappy...

yes mate, Franco di Santo with my Chelsea, also improve alot! I don't need to buy someone when Drogba retire, he is excellent

I have alot of strikers anyway not looking to sell Drogba or to replace him to be honest, have plenty players who can replace him allready, but its the insperation that I will lose, hopefully my next season my players wont need him to help get the best out of them..

I signed Lacina Traore in my first season, but he was awful and wanted first team football all the time, but he wasnt impressing me when he played at all, got something like 1 goal in 12 games...which is rubbish, so I punted him to Genoa and made a tastey profit lol

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:04 PM ----------

Ok guys cheers for the answers, mods can close this thread now since ma questions been answered i dont wanna clog up the forum with threads with no responses...

cheers again guys lol

Last edited:
A good alternative to buy is Lukaku, Just put Drogba to mentor him before he retires.