Droit Au But - Olympique de Marseille & France

Enjoying this read! nice to see Gago back in europe, i'm sure he will do well for you and i hope you smash the world cup!

Thank you!
I failed pretty miserably in the World Cup, you'll see in the next update. Didn't get fired from the national team though, thankfully I get another chance. Will update soon.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Steve Mandanda, Stephane Ruffier, Hugo Lloris

Defenders: Mathieu Debuchy, Bacary Sagna, Eliaquim Mangala, Samuel Umtiti, Laurent Koscielny, Kurt Zouma, Gael Clichy, Patrice Evra

Midfielders: Rio Mavuba, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Antoine Greizmann, Samir Nasri, Moussa Sissoko, Clement Grenier, Franck Ribery, dimitri Payet, Alexandre Lacazette

Forwards: Bafetimbi Gomis, Karim Benzema, Olivier Giroud

Really annoying to have both Varane, Matuidi and Cabaye injured during the tournament as they are three of my best players. Zouma came in for Varane and did well but he's still inexperienced. Mavuba took Matuidis place but didn't shine at all, especially considering that Matuidi has had a good season.

Goup C

France 0 - 2 Argentina
Lionel Messi 0-1 (24)
Martin Demichelis 0-2 (79)

The toughest game of the group, on paper at least. We played decently while they played better, nothing to be really ashamed of but none of my players really shone. Franck Ribery had a weak performance and missed the best chances we got.

Honduras 2 - 3 France

Julio Cesar Leon 1-0 Penalty (3)
Kurt Zouma 1-1 (13)
Georgie Welcome 2-1 (20)
Karim Benzema 2-2 (36)
Hendry Thomas [Honduras] Red Card (49)
Karim Benzema 2-3 Penalty (79)

Benzema really saved us here. A really really annoying start to the game had us down twice. That were the only chances that Honduras created during the whole game. We completely dominated and finally got the winning goal on a penalty. Glad to se Zouma score after he made a mistake early on to give them a penalty.

France 2 - 1 Tunisia
Karim Benzema 1-0 (22)
Saber Khalifa 1-1 (25)
Kurt Zouma 2-1 (72)

Another goal by Zouma who has impressed more offensively than defensively so far this tournament.
It was a tough battle for the win as Tunisia put up more of a struggle than I had anticipated. We are one of their biggest rivals though, so perhaps that gave their players something more to play for. Anyway, this game had us advance in to the next stage, yay us!

Round of 16

France 0 - 1 Italy
Alessandro Matri 0-1 (36)

And just like that our world cup adventure is over. It was a close game with a mistake from Lloris leading to their goal. He came out to early and was lobbed over by Matri easily, and we never managed to catch up.
Ribery will not play for France anymore as long as I'm manager. He will not be in the squad for the Euros. Not a single goal, he didn't even manage to stand out against Honduras or Tunisia.

Franck Ribery - Failed a nation when it mattered the most

The Rest

any chance your still around bud, how did you get Gignac scoring and what tactic did you go for?