Drop in form causing fatal defeats, how to get my team back?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
Ive been conquering Serie A but i will admit its been a little bit of a miracle seeing how old my players are and i have lost several key players through long term injuries (managing AC Milan btw)

My recent fixtures
2-0 bari home (very very unconvincing win)
0-0 sampdoria home
1-1 fiorentina home
1-4 inter away(CL)
0-3 roma away (3 down in half time)

ive never had this problem but something is seriously wrong here. what do i need to do? none of my players are unhappy, and i dont understand why the tactic that ive been using is suddenly failing on me?

the AI might have"figured out" your tactics, changing a few players' roles may rectify this

the AI might have"figured out" your tactics, changing a few players' roles may rectify this

You mean they learn how to counter my tactics if i used the same tactic for too long?

**** that man, i spent so much effort into my tactic and they just cheat like that D:

You mean they learn how to counter my tactics if i used the same tactic for too long?

**** that man, i spent so much effort into my tactic and they just cheat like that D:
its not cheating. do you think this doesnt happen in real life? everyone knows that to defened against arsenal you get two banks of 4 and press hard on them. tactics are always evoling in real life, and its the same in FM. it is unrealistic to expect anything different. i have one two style, playing a 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 with, but i know i must adjust for each game, using the shouts i play wider, or deeper or i push up. play no through balls, or overlap etc.

yeah exactly right, if you keep using the same tactic they will exploit it eventually. you dont have to completely overhaul the tactic, just tweak a few settings and a few player roles.

its not cheating. do you think this doesnt happen in real life? everyone knows that to defened against arsenal you get two banks of 4 and press hard on them. tactics are always evoling in real life, and its the same in FM. it is unrealistic to expect anything different. i have one two style, playing a 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 with, but i know i must adjust for each game, using the shouts i play wider, or deeper or i push up. play no through balls, or overlap etc.

Come to think about, your right, like united went occasionally from 442 to a 451 or an edited 442 with ronaldo pushing higher up and rooney dropping back alittle.

Thing is, my tactic is so weird, i think thats why teams have lost to me lol. i play 3 central defenders, a deep lying playamker, 2 center mids 2 wingers and 2 strikers. so, kinda limited to changing player roles.

Come to think about, your right, like united went occasionally from 442 to a 451 or an edited 442 with ronaldo pushing higher up and rooney dropping back alittle.

Thing is, my tactic is so weird, i think thats why teams have lost to me lol. i play 3 central defenders, a deep lying playamker, 2 center mids 2 wingers and 2 strikers. so, kinda limited to changing player roles.

Change tactics then mate, like alicwkd said, AI has figured out how you play , and change also your mentality within the game, like type of passing, philosophy, etc

there you see. because there is no room for change in your formation, once they know how to setup against you there is very little you can do. post your squad and lets see if we can recommend something

acmilan2.png

acmilany.png

so the strikers are on target man and poacher, trying out deep lying poacher now.

Wingers are inside forwards

central midfielders on ball winning support and advance playmaker support
defensive mid on defensive playmaker defend

centerbacks, outer ball playing stopper, middle central defender cover

acmilan2.png

acmilany.png

so the strikers are on target man and poacher, trying out deep lying poacher now.

Wingers are inside forwards

central midfielders on ball winning support and advance playmaker support
defensive mid on defensive playmaker defend

centerbacks, outer ball playing stopper, middle central defender cover

Mate, keep it simple - 4-1-2-1-2, that is all I need to say :)

Mate, keep it simple - 4-1-2-1-2, that is all I need to say :)

Well the problem is, i didnt see the point of having 33 year old fullbacks, and got a ridiculously good sum of money for my fullbacks.

oddo 5m
juankolovski 4m
zambrotta 8m

so i ended up playing a tactic without any fullbacks. worked wonders for me seeing how i like managing central defenders. Abate has been the best winger i have ever managed with relation to his stats. so i dont think ill be going back to a 4 man defense.

i would just extremely love to have a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but i havent had success in any of which i made so far ):

As always tweak your tactic according to the oppostions style of play.....for example if the Opposition like to pass the ball around then you can Press More on them etc.