Drug Rumour

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Did anyone hear that a young EPL player has been banned for 6 months for drug use but the FA are keeping their names hidden, and the club are saying he is injured?

I heard it's quite possibly Downing. I don't really know, anyone else heard a thing?

Well according to Physio Room downing is expected to be back by the 26th of November. So that's a very short 6 months. :D

Physio room is ***** then lol. On the official Middlesbrough website he said;

"I am hoping to be back for the game against Newcastle in January". "But im expected back early February"

SkySports:

Stewart Downing wants to return for Middlesbrough's first game of the New Year - the Tyne-Tees derby clash with Newcastle.

Downing was not expected to be back until February at the earliest, but the Teesside-born winger feels he will be ready to make an early return

The 21-year-old is now looking to January 2 and Boro's clash at St James' Park.

"I want to be back for the game with Newcastle at the start of January so I will have longer to impress," said Downing.

"I still have time on my side and hopefully I can be the surprise selection in the England squad.

"I haven't booked my holidays and I'd like to think I'll be spending next summer at the World Cup."

Last edited:
Haha. I heard about it too,no idea who it is though...

ive seen him in boro drinkin bout 4 times since hes gotten "injured" and hes lookin a bit fat

dunno what to make of all this

Taking him a while for him to come back from his "broken foot" so it could be him. He seems the type to me.