wele

Reaction score
The next day you remember two 0:0's in a row against bottom-half teams and you're like gdi that is a pretty big downturn in form for a team currently claiming top spot in the league. But at least I remember still being 2 points ahead of second place, so I'm solid. Just need to recapture my form now.

So I open up the game and am greeted with a 3rd game so deep into my drunken stupor that I had no recollection of it ever happening.

In this game I was 3:1 ahead against Middlesbrough with 75 minutes on the clock and managed to take a 3:4 loss by the end. And the league table now sees my Arsenal second to god **** Spurs.

2 points in 3 bottom-half games, I'm currently perfectly roleplaying Arsenal's February collapse.

Just be grateful you didn't buy 3 LB's.. those nights really screw up the balance of my squad ;)

Funnily enough LB issues were a pretty big bane for me around this time. This came just after the end of the January transfer window during which both my senior LBs got injured and I had to buy 1 extra to fill in and during the drunk gaming he got injured too.

So I had to play one "lacking match sharpness" LB who had just come back from injury for the whole 90 minutes of the Boro game and he basically hammered the final nail in the coffin, giving away an added time penalty.

In emergencies you can put a CB with some agility as LB limited fullback Defend.
Dont expect anything going forward but they often do a good defensive job for me.

A left midfielder will also do at a pinch (don't use an attacking midfielder) or a youth player they often play out of their skin if put in the first team for one or two games (potential doesn't matter).

Usually my go-to is to just play defensive or supporting wingers and 3 CB. Plus at least a DM to help out defensively. This works out decently enough for me, as the wingers do close opponents down enough to disrupt their wide play while still offering a good offensive outlet.

In that particular game though we're talking about my first-choice LB, a real star averaging 7.5+ over the season (dude scored a hattie from the WB position in his second-ever game for the team), who was right on the cusp of freshness. You know the type you wouldn't play for 90 if you could help it, but you'd still expect more from him than any of the unorthodox backup options.

I was in a real rut after this for a while, but I turned it around in my Champions League round of 16 home game against Sevilla. I had lost 1:2 away, which is a decent enough result as you all know, but still leaves you on the back foot. So we went into the home game with a record of 1 win in 7 in all competitions (ouch!), and the boys came through with a 3:1 triumph. This was nervy down to the final whistle with Sevilla only needing 1 goal to turn it around.

This was a nice morale boost before entering what was probably my toughest run all season, 4 games in 10 days, them being Soton (H, W), Man City (A, W), Spurs (H, W), Chelsea (A, L), which I passed with flying colors if I may say so. I did lose to Chelsea but that barely counts since I always lose to Chelsea lol.

So I got cocky again and had myself a nice evening of drunk managing during the Porto Roma game yesterday (killer game too btw). This time I kept my composure though (both in terms of drunkenness and football management). Had myself a nice little 0:3 away wrecking of Liverpool, which meant going into my Champions League quarter-final on a high, which was sorely needed as I was up against the kings of Spain, FC Barcelona.

The first game was away again and they dominated me with like 65:35 possession, featuring the fully healthy trio of MSN. Somehow I managed to keep them at only 2 and even nab one back in the final 20, leading to another 2:1 away loss, but this time I was very happy to come away with such a result. I even felt like my chances were good enough here I elected to play an 89% weakened line-up (except the GK) in the Premier League game between the 2 Barca games, keeping my first XI at maximum freshness. This saw me recapture my old drunken form with a 0:0 home game against a bottom-half team lol, but I couldn't care less because...

Three. ****ing. Nil. Get rekt Messi. I'm going all the way now, mark my words.

Here's the whole rollercoaster in screenshot form.

View attachment 132121