Dryland Orient FC - A Community Football Manager Club - The Forum

TheFM_Teacher

Frequent Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently, I posted an article about Dryland Orient FC, a Football Manager club that is the brainchild of DeaconEnterainment. After much deliberation, Deacon and I have decided to turn the save into a post on this very forum which allows us to bring both the FM Base, DeaconEntertainment and the Football Manager community a chance to see the journey that players involved in this save will take. I'll be blogging both the ups and the downs, the funny and the downright outrageous. Let's be honest, Football Manager tends to throw many curveballs at us. Here you'll see that, but various members of a welcoming community.

Dryland Orient.png

So, with the introduction of a form of the Dryland Orient FC becoming official. How about we get into the history of the club. Upon his arrival at the club, Deacon received an email from Head of Youth Development, Matthew Dymock containing some information about the club. Check it out below.

1587746621313.png

Sky Bet League One
I'm writing this piece with Dryland Orient FC having already kicked off. So, in terms of how things went in their first season in Sky Bet League One, see the images below. This will be brief, but we'll get more details as this forum gets updated over time.

People that have read the email above from Dymock will notice that key backroom staff include Warwick Davis, famous for his roles in Star Wars and Harry Potter amonst others is the club Chairman and club owner Gavin Crawford an Arsenal legend of the last century!

1587753958023.png
1587754171099.png

So, let's get into the tactical side of things. The very first Dryland Orient FC tactics

1587748947109.png
1587748989909.png

How did these tactics work out? Well let's see some key results from the first season

The first being the very first Dryland Orient FC game against Doncaster.

1587747975685.png

My first question here, I must have joined the party late. I appear to be nowhere near the first team. Maybe my player is like me in real life, injury-prone to knee injuries. The other result, a thrashing against Brighton which ended in a 5-0 defeat.

1587747250647.png

A fantastic performance all round from the player. However, note that I seem to be nowhere near the first team in this game again. The boss, Deacon must have decided I wasn't worthy of a place. Should have used my right to have words with the boss on the stream, I wonder where I was during this key moment.
1587747437394.png

Attachments

• 1587748932312.png
    1587748932312.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 44
So to continue, I have been informed that I have missed a pivotal part of the backroom staff. Derek Langley who has been part of Deacon's stream for a long time and a valued member of his community. Langley is the club's Director of Football.

1587755127418.png

For those that wonder how squad depth works, all players have been randomised in terms of what position they would play. But the club was riddled with CBs so the rotation of those players is very interesting. All other positions are fairly balanced apart from strikers of which there are only three.

Mozart Betting and Ronaldinho are the club's Unofficial Sponsors because well, check out the video below!

So, how did the first season pan out?

Tactically, Deacon could not get a tactic to work. Getting the players in the right position in the final third was difficult. The crossing was really frustrating, players seemed to be just punting the ball rather than actually crossing. On the flip side, the defending by the team was very good. Even when losing games would end with the team only conceding by very few goals.

The major problem that really affected the season was injuries and fitness. Players would constantly be picking up niggles and having to go on extending breaks to then return to training aiming to get back up to match fitness. There could be a reason for this though, most of the players playing for Dryland Orient are mainly under 20. The eldest player being 28. So, players began to suffer from burn out. In this season, there were a total of ten players suffering from major injuries.

Nevertheless, check out the last game of the season.

1587755648232.png

Deacon bagged himself a mighty hattrick. Does this give you enough info? No? I'll show you the league table then.

1587755791690.png

Yes, Dryland Orient got promoted in wonderous fashion finishing top of Sky Bet League One not only nine points clear but with a clear goal-difference of +28 more than Oxford who finished second.

Moments to pick out from the season, star player Dymkura Jr got called up to the Welsh national team. He played in rather exciting game that ended 0-0 against Portugal. In that game, Dymkura Jr got a 7.2 rating so he must have faced a barrage of attacking from the Portuguese front line. The interesting thing about Dymkura Jr, although he is the club's goalkeeper, he is only 4ft11inches. Brave, even shorter than Pedro Benítez the former Paraguayan goalkeeper who stood at 5ft6inches.

Another stand out player C Nolan who stands tall over Dymkura Jr at 6ft11. Is it just me that can only picture this when they stand next to each other...

1587756284284.png

Yes, that is former WWE wrestler The Great Khali and current WWE wrestler Rey Mysterio. A fair big-small showdown right there! Anyway, back to the 6ft11 Nolan which already is very tall for a player of such stature. To go with that height he has a jumping reach of 17! Now I'm picturing this...

1587756462862.png

But that jumping reach does not come with great balance or pace. So he's essentially this guy...

1587756694764.png

Going into the summer transfer window, the idea is to keep all the current club players and take them forward into the Sky Bet Championship. Offers are coming in though, even from America. Will Deacon be able to keep all the players, will players ask to leave if major clubs come knocking at the door?

To end, I thought that this would be appropriate. Sing the song as you read it...

1587757350700.png