Duff pledges future to Newcastle

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 904

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Damien Duff, whose own goal confirmed Newcastle's relegation, wants to stay at the club and help them win promotion back to the Premier League.

More...

I would like to think if I was at Newcastle I'd take a pay cut and battle hard and get the team back into the Premiership.

My friend was telling me that 5 premiership clubs opted against having wages cuts due to relegation, these being man utd, arsenal, chelsea, liverpool anddddd newcastle... dunno if this is true but hopefully most of the **** high paid stars will go anyways.

Those who sohuld go:
Collocini
Jonas
Owen
Viduka
Smith
Barton
Enrique
Geremi
Those who will go:
Bassong
Martins
Those who should stay:
Beye
Lovenkrands
Those who will stay:
Taylor
Duff
Nolan
Harper

Last edited:
Theres not a player in the team i would keep, maybes steven taylor... but thats only because he came through the academy!

I can't see Duff staying, purely because he's got to be one of the most appealing players for other managers and Newcastle will need all of the money they can get.

I can't see Duff staying, purely because he's got to be one of the most appealing players for other managers and Newcastle will need all of the money they can get.

Are you kidding me? Hes ****! I want rid of him, hope he leaves.

Yeah, my mate who is a newcastle fan says he's not even half the player he was at Blackburn and Chelsea.

hes had no impact at all for newcastle, thought hed be an amazing signing for 5-6 million i believe it was. no one ever gets going at newcastle especially the 'big' name signings. Look at Bassong, brilliant signing for 1.5m or sumthing. Can only see Taylor staying with a few of the youth players. Andy Carroll might prove valuable to us in the championship

duff has played at that level as well as playing in champions league and winning the premiership, newcastle fans instead of saying hes **** maybe u should appreciate the fact hes prepared to stay when all the other are queing up to leave. he could get prem football if he wanted it but hes prepared to stay and fight for promotion at a club that is in turmoil! slated alladyce booed him and look where u are now?? a quality player wants to stay and you slate him.... ungrateful and deluded!

Also taylor is terrible and only looks to hurt players. the guy is very over rated!!

duff has played at that level as well as playing in champions league and winning the premiership, newcastle fans instead of saying hes **** maybe u should appreciate the fact hes prepared to stay when all the other are queing up to leave. he could get prem football if he wanted it but hes prepared to stay and fight for promotion at a club that is in turmoil! slated alladyce booed him and look where u are now?? a quality player wants to stay and you slate him.... ungrateful and deluded!

Also taylor is terrible and only looks to hurt players. the guy is very over rated!!

How is he a quality player when he's not put in one decent performance the whole time we have had him!

Habib Beye and Steven Taylor have both said they are staying. Two decent players.

and he knows that hense why hes commited his future to put right his failures!!!! hes the one player that can get u back into prem and ur slating him!! darren huckerby ripped defenders to peices and single handedly took norwich up. duff is twice the player he is. the key is good wingers. kightly and jarvis at wolves are prime examples!! keeping him is vital!

Beye is a good player. taylor is not.

and he knows that hense why hes commited his future to put right his failures!!!! hes the one player that can get u back into prem and ur slating him!! darren huckerby ripped defenders to peices and single handedly took norwich up. duff is twice the player he is. the key is good wingers. kightly and jarvis at wolves are prime examples!! keeping him is vital!

Beye is a good player. taylor is not.

I really dunno what to say to you.... keeping him is vital??? I think the majority of Newcastle fans will want to see him go.

majority of newcastle fans will expect the club to sign ronaldinho, messi and ronaldo! but its not going to happen.... they have no money. his experiance is vital.... he knows how to get out of that league!! and he will give everything!! i know hes been poor but hes prepared to play at a lower level wen he could play in prem!! how can you moan at that?? come on, i expected majority of players to run away from club as im sure u were surely ur happy he wants to put it right?

majority of newcastle fans will expect the club to sign ronaldinho, messi and ronaldo! but its not going to happen.... they have no money. his experiance is vital.... he knows how to get out of that league!! and he will give everything!! i know hes been poor but hes prepared to play at a lower level wen he could play in prem!! how can you moan at that?? come on, i expected majority of players to run away from club as im sure u were surely ur happy he wants to put it right?

Well first of the majority of Newcastle fans dont expect that at all, we expect to be a mid table team... which is where we rightly should be. No im not happy he wants to stay, if i was Shearer i would get rid of him!

there is no such thing as u should rightly be there. ur in a division now where u belong, squad is not good enough, managers have been terrible since alladyce and the board have no idea what they are doing!!

there is no such thing as u should rightly be there. ur in a division now where u belong, squad is not good enough, managers have been terrible since alladyce and the board have no idea what they are doing!!

I agree, players are terrible, managers are terrible since ROBSON! **** me, you say allardyce is good but he bought half the players that have made us ****!

Back