Dummy guide to download skins correctly... help!!!

rehan14

Reaction score
I am an experienced FM campaigner but I am seriously struggling with uploading a new skin....

I have the facepacks, logos, kits & comps all done...

After extracting the skin (from this site)I have tried all the advice but it still fails...

I need a detailed play-by-play dummy guide of how to do it...

I would really appreciate the help... (I use freearc for extracting files)

Thanking you all kindly

Rehan Quraishi
twitter: rehan_gunner

thumbnail.aspx

Worked it out and am delighted... My fm looks amazing now (H)

Yeah help me out here, I've been playing this game for 10 years and I can't work it out!

Sorry for the delay gents... please bare with me as I am getting my laptop reapired and will give a play-by-play description of how to download the skins accordingly...

I do advise to download free arcs as it will extract the files :D

Yeah help me out here, I've been playing this game for 10 years and I can't work it out!

First thing to do is download 'freearc' for windows...

- As soon as you do that create a skins folder in the football manager folder (not in graphics)
- Download the relevant skin into the "skins" folder
- Then open it as a free arc file and extract it (it will start loading which means its extracting)
- after that is done there should be 2 icons in your skins folder...
- The one that has the folder icon, open it and cut the folder inside it
- Then paste it on the previous step so now you have 3 icons and delete the folder you cut it out of... (this "new" folder should contain fonts,etc.)

Now, start the game and go to preferences and tick the lower skin cache while unticking the default

Lower screen then should have "reload skin", click it... when you now go back into preferences_display & sound, it should have the desired skin under "skin, dark skin"

Hope this helps 8-|