wr1097

Reaction score
A SHORT INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, this will be my final FM13 save (hopefully) and to motivate me to continue this, I wanted to start this off as a story. So enjoy!!

Edit: I had initially planned to do a sunday league rep journeyman, but I recently got my saves from my old laptop after it got fried, and I have this save which is currently in December 2013.
I'll steam through the updates till then and then start posting more current updates.

Wallace appointed Belgium manager

In a shock move, the Belgium FA has announced that Marc Wilmots has resigned from his post as Belgium coach. The FA moved quickly to appoint ex-Scotland international Duncan Wallace to the post. Wallace has already expressed his intentions to take Belgium to Brazil in 2014.

Key Players

View attachment 376440
Thibaut Courtois - This At.Madrid keeper, on-loan from Chelsea will be vital to my plans to build a strong defensive unit.

View attachment 376441
Vincent Kompany - Man City captain will be Belgium captain as well for years to come.

View attachment 376442
Marouane Fellaini - Will act as my primary ball-winner in midfield, possibly a future captain.

View attachment 376443
Eden Hazard - Needs no introduction, will conduct the business on the wings.

View attachment 376444
Lukaku & Benteke - Although I will rotate them, both strikers will have to fire for me to have any chance of international success.

First up is a friendly against Turkey followed by a tough qualifying group containing Croatia and Wales.

View attachment 376446

August 2012

Friendly

15/8 - Turkey (H)
1-0
Mertens 46

Good start to my managerial career,then!

September 2012

World Cup Qualifying

7/9 - Wales (A)
2-0
Fellaini 20, Lukaku 41

11/9 - FYROM (H)
2-0
Mertens 23, Vossen 67

Easy games against weaker teams, Vossen proved to be a great impact sub, and it helped that Bale was closed down quite effectively by Gillet.

View attachment 376449

October 2012

World Cup Qualifying

12/10 - Serbia (A)
1-0
Mirallas 10

16/10 - Scotland (H)
0-1

Really,really appalling defeat to Scotland, can't seem to get Lukaku or Benteke to fire.

November 2012

Friendly

14/11 - Faroe Islands (A)
2-0
Dembele 31, Mertens 79

Only two goals?? Not good enough, I'm afraid.

View attachment 376457
Belgium's stadium doesn't look half-bad, does it?

November 2012

Wallace takes CSKA Moscow post
View attachment 376465
I'm sure you all have heard of them, they're a wee club in Russia.... seriously though, they're only in the Europa league and they're languishing in 7th in the league. No wonder Slutskiy was sacked!

My aims... to look to get CSKA into a champions league place and win the cup...the Europa League can wait for now.

Key Players: Vagner Love, Alan Dzagoev and Igor Akinfeev

Fixtures and Results

SOGAZ Premier League

View attachment 376471

We had three Premier League games, and not the best of starts. I'm giving the team some time to gel with my diamond formation, employing Honda, Dzagoev, Elm and Wernbloom in midfield.

Victor Ibarbo, Slutskiy's only signing in the summer - from Cagilari - is the man to watch out for in the coming months.

UEFA Europa League

View attachment 376485

Europa League was much better in terms of results, and I have confidence that we can beat AZ Alkmaar - the other team in the group - and top the group.

Last edited:
December 2012

No Belgium games this month.

View attachment 376486

SOGAZ Premier League

View attachment 376489

Poor game against Terek but a good way to come back. This formation is really starting to click.

UEFA Europa League

View attachment 376488

Resounding win against AZ, but we've been thrown up against Lille in the First Knockout Round...goodbye Europe.

End of December means in a 2-month break from Russian football....follow the pre-season coming soon!

Pre-Season 2013

View attachment 376741
Transfers

Great transfer window for us...

In
View attachment 376734

Both Schneiderlin and Gaitan came in for such low fees, usually their teams demand around 15-20 m each. Hovewer, the fans were disappointed in me for signing a player from Zenit. I scoff at the 20% attendance at the Luzhinki for each home game and ask "What fans?"

Out
View attachment 376735

Some reserve players left the club

Friendlies
View attachment 376736

A satisfactory pre-season, but I decided to introduce a biennial competition called the Kubok Moskvy (Moscow Cup). The competition will see two teams from Moscow pitted against South American/European sides....so how did the first time go?

Kubok Moskvy 2013
View attachment 376739

Embarrassing....we came third in our own competition. The title went to At.Miniero, who beat Dinamo on penalties.

UEFA Europa League
View attachment 376740

Yep...There goes a night in Amsterdam. Not too disappointed as a win was never on the cards.

View attachment 376742

We played just the one friendly against Bosnia.

View attachment 376743

Good enough for me, although Lukaku is still not firing and my reserve striker, Kevin Vandenbergh, has more league goals than him.

Your reviews would be greatly appreciated, guys!