Dundee United - The Team To Split The Old Firm

tonymac21

Reaction score
Dundee United

Was thinking long and hard about what team to start my story with and decided on Dundee United for a couple of reasons. The main reason being that i want to split up Rangers and Celtic from dominating Scottish football.

Tony MacDonald
was today appointed manager of Dundee United F.C. He is looking to finish in the top 4 in his first season and a good run in the cup competitons. With a transfer budget of just 26K it doesn't look like there will be much business happening at Tannadice Park this summer, apart from maybe a free transfer or loan deal.

Many have tried with numerous teams and failed, hopefully you can do it. Good luck :)

i suggest adding as many shortlists as possible, thus you'll be notified when good players go out on free. Got Comacho, Kakuta and iemmello that way=)

Singings

Arnau Riera
was today unveiled as Tony MacDonalds first signing of the summer. The 27 year old has had expierence in the SPL with Falkirk and will add a bit of flair and steal to the heart of midfield. I'm sure he will become a fans favourite and a baragin free transfer.

Walid Regragui has just been announced as the second free transfer of the summer. The former Morroco international full back adds a wealth of experience with over 44 caps. Although 33 he has the fitness leves of someone 10 years his junior. After rejecting Rangers to join Dundee United he looks like he will be an inspired signing.

Michael Ball & Santiago Ezquerro have been the latest players to arrive in Dundee in a double transfer swoop. Both Michael and Santiago add a wealth of expierence having played in Europe and playing for big clubs.

Charlie Grant is the final signing of the summer for United. The young Scot arrived in Dundee from Celtic for 30K. The defensive midfielder will be one to watch this season as he looks to break in to tha Arabs midfield.

Sold

David Robertson has been conifrmed as the first player to be shifted out by Tony MacDonald. The young attacking Midfielder has been snapped up by Derby County for £625K.

Andis Shala has landed a big move to Middelsbourgh in a deal worth £1.1 million. After been told by Tony MacDonald his chances would be limited at Tannadice Park he looked to move on.

Darren Dods has been sold to Notts County i a deal worth 250K. He is though to have been sold due to his age and with Dundee Unit boasting defenders such as Andy Webster and Garry Kenneth he didn't fit in to the current managers line up.

Mate I love Dundeeeeeee Unitd (spelt that way on purpose) fave scottish team cus I can say it cool

Pre Season

Dundee Utd 2 - 0 Dundee Utd Reserves Bauben, Gomis
Kidderminster 0 - 3 Dundee Utd Gomis, Conway, Goodwillie
Scunthorpe 3 - 2 Dundee Utd Goodwillie, Hill
Dundee Utd 0 - 4 Liverpool
Montrose 1 - 2 Dundee Utd McNiel (OG), Bauben
Dundee Utd 6 - 0 GH Academy Casalinuovo(2), Gomis, Goodwillie(2), Dixon
Dundee Utd 0 - 2 Bolton
Dundee Utd 3 - 0 Liege Cadamartiri, Gomis, Myrie-Williams

Well Pre Season went not too bad, won the games i expected to win and lost the games i didnt expect much from. Happy with the last game of Pre Season going so well with a 3 - 0 win. Gomis looks like he could be key this season. So far so good for the start of the season. First game of the season at home to Hearts is moments away.

my mate's brother is Jennison Myrie-Williams

Great Win To Start The Season

Dundee United 3 - 0 Hearts

Dundee United romped to a fantastic 3 - 0 win over their main rivals for European Qualification rivals Heart of Midlothion.
United took the lead just before half time through a smart finish from winger Danny Cadamarteri. Dundee United came out flying in the second half and doubled their lead through a 25 yard strike from Greg Cameron. Commanding centre back Garry Kenneth Sealed the win for United with a powerfull header from a Craig Conway corner.

Man of the Match: Greg Cameron

All Square In First Away Game

St Mirren 1 - 1 Dundee United

Dundee United will feel that they should of won this game with the amont of chances created. With 12 shots on target there should of been a couple more goals from the Arabs.Craig Conway put United in front with a well executed finish but the lead would last only 7 minutes as Jon McShane levelled the match for the men from Paisley.

Man of the Match: Craig Conway

United Through To 3rd Round of League Cup

Dundee United 2 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Dundee United cruised into the 3rd round of the cup after dominating Cowdenbeath from start to finish. The scoreline suggests that the peformance may be a bit average but it could of been 6 or 7 nil tonight. Winger Danny Cadamateri scored his 2nd goal of the season with a poachers effort. Damian Casalinuovo sealed the win with a well placed finish after some fine work from Myrie-Williams down the left wing. The shining light in this win was the debut of former Celtic star Mark Fotheringham as he dominated the midfield. Unfortunately for United, he is off in January after agreeing a deal with Cypriot team AE Anorthosis Famagusta. The only negative to come form this win was Danny Cadamarteri's injury that will keep him on the sidelines for up to 3 weeks.

Man of the Match: Mark Fotheringham

Sounds good mate! Give yourself a few seasons to break the Old Firm up!

Hope you can do it mate , I managed to finish 2nd in season 1 with Hearts and won the title in season 2 so it is possible , although I have also had many failed attempts lol . GL

Even I have tried this and failed :/ Although that was FM09. Good luck!