Dunga Resigns as Brazil Coach

Calum

Reaction score
Dunga has resigned as Brazil coach after seeing his side slump to a 2-1 defeat to Holland.

They were well placed to reach the semi-finals after a Robinho goal gave them a 1-0 half-time lead against the Dutch, but they collapsed after the break.
A dejected Dunga said: "Without a shadow of a doubt, I am the coach of the Brazilian team, I have the greatest responsibility."
He then confirmed he would step down, although he insisted he had always intended to leave the job after the tournament.
"We knew when I started that I would be here for four years. It's sad, it's difficult, nobody prepares to lose," he added.
Despite being a former World Cup-winning captain, Dunga never managed to win over the supporters after taking charge of the national team
The Selecao won the Copa America and Confederations Cup under his guidance, but his cautious style did not impress fans used to seeing the team playing with flair and adventure.

What do you all think i knew he would have been sacked or resigned after they only got to 1/4 finals

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/833889-dunga-resigns-after-brazils-world-cup-exit link

I knew he would of resigned/been sacked when they already agreed he would leave after the WC.

I'm not surprised he has resigned but it wasn't his fault the team lost, it was lack of concentration and temprement

was always going to happen. even if they won the world cup he would have left.

Brazil's best bit of recent news.

He bucked the trend and took a gamble. Instead of picking players with reputation and then trying to fit them into a formation he did the opposite and picked a formation and then chose the best players for it. The players let him down today with their attitude when they went behind.

I wish Capello would pick a formation and then pick the right players to fit.

Can I ask how many games he actually lost as Brazil manager?? I don't think it was that many, his tactics where very very good but this was the one time where it didn't go from him, great shame, I think he did a very good job and had the balls to drop Ronaldinho, Pato etc.

Couldn't agree with you more IanC, he did his part it was the players didn't do theres, they lost their concentration and shape.

Any ideas who could be his successor?

Getting knocked out in the quarter-finals with Brazil isn't acceptable. However getting knocked out in the last 16 with England is. Kinda shows how **** we are doesn't it.

Can I ask how many games he actually lost as Brazil manager?? I don't think it was that many, his tactics where very very good but this was the one time where it didn't go from him, great shame, I think he did a very good job and had the balls to drop Ronaldinho, Pato etc.

it was pretty good but he had a rotten relationship with the media and fans ov brazil so it was never going to work.

Good, i never rated him

Of course not. He's no Mancini? lol

On topic. Firstly i was rather skeptic towards his style of play in regard to the way the brazilians are known to play. The samba, the beautiful game.

But i've later recognized that his organization and focus on the defensive parts of the game are crucial to modernizing Brazil as a nation, not only the national team. There's no place for the former play in the modern game, unfortunately.

It's a shame really, but i do hope his theories will be continued by the next man in charge.

What money Leonardo gets the job like he does on all my saves on FM ?

Previous managers had let the media have free reign when it came to getting interviews with the players but Dunga chose to shut the media out and that made him unpopular. I still think he is a good manager and hopefully will get a chance somewhere else.

He only lost 8 games in charge of Brazil, thats pretty good actually....

Theres no doubt hes a good manager, the tactic he put together for that team was brilliant, crowding the opposition out at the back and lighting fast on the counter, he should get a job easily if he wants to stay in management

Anyone else reckon they will give it back to Scolari. Just a thought.

Anyone else reckon they will give it back to Scolari. Just a thought.

I thought that but isn't he already employed with a club side? Unless they did what Guus Hidenk did with chelsea and Russia then I cant see it happening.

Pele.

That would be serious beef the next time Argentina played Brazil, Maradona v Pele in the dugout. :wub: