dazamfc

Reaction score
14/5/12

ruud-van-nistelrooy-goal.jpg

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has called time on his playing career.The Dutchman had been playing with Spanish side Malaga but endured a difficult season, scoring only five times in 35 games.

Now Van Nistelrooy aims to make a name for himself in the management side of the game and build on the amazing reputation he earned during his playing days. Bookies have already put him in the running for a number of jobs in England, with vacancies at Wolves, West Brom and Aston Villa likely to interest him.

Van Nistelrooy made 70 international appearances for Netherlands, scoring 35 goals in the process. He featured at Euro 2004, the 2006 World Cup and at Euro 2008. He scored 347 competitive goals in 588 official appearances in club football. He is currently the Champions League's second highest scorer with 56 strikes.

Black Cats Want Ruud!
230px-Logo_Sunderland.svg.png

Sunderland have tonight sacked Martin O'Neill and set their sights on appointing Man Utd legend Ruud van Nistelrooy as their new boss. The Black Cats, who sit 19th in the Premier League, issued a statement around 5pm stating that O'Neill had been spared of his duties and that the former Dutch striker was their number one target.

Van Nistelrooy, who retired from playing in May to carve out a career in management, will be flattered that a Premier League team has taken an interest in him with his lack of experience in management. Bookies have made the Dutchman 2/1 favourite to land the job and the odds are as follows:

Ruud van Nistelrooy- 2/1
Roberto Di Matteo- 4/1
Malkay Mackay- 5/1
Mark Hughes- 5/1
Joe Jordan- 6/1
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- 8/1
Stuart Pearce- 10/1

23/12/12
Ruud Goes To Fulham!

Fulham Steal van Nistelrooy From Under Black Cats Noses!

150px-Fulham_FC.svg.png

Fulham have sensationally swooped and appointed Man Utd legend Ruud van Nistelrooy from under the noses from Premier League rivals Sunderland. Van Nistelrooy, who looked all set to be appointed as Sunderland manager after they shook hands on a deal, has now put pen to paper to a 3 and a half year deal, which will take him up to 2016 at Craven Cottage.

He said: "I am deleighted that I Fulham have put their trust in me to turn their season around. It is a fantastic club who have been under achieving for a number of years and now I am here to hopefully stop that."

When asked about the Sunderland saga, he smiled. "I did have talks with the people at Sunderland and we shook hands at the end of the day but I didn't sign anything and they couldn't have been that keen to get me if they didn't make sure I signed up before I left. I have come to a better club and now I need to get down to business."

Fulham sit 15th in the league, only 2 points off 18th but Van Nistelrooy insists that he is going for a top 10 finish! "Relegation? Never. We will be trying to get as high up the table as possible and I am aiming for the top 10 by the end of the season."

Van Nistelrooy has appointed Bryan Klug as his assistand and he assures that there will be transfer activity in the January transfer window.

Comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading so far.

December's Results

26/12/12
Premier League

Fulham 1-1 Aston Villa
Berbatov (20), Weimann (60)

Managers Comments:
"A game where we had chances to win it but just couldn't take them. A point is a decent start but I would have liked a win at home against a struggling Villa side
"

29/12/12
Premier League

Everton 1-0 Fulham
Jelevic (21)

Managers Comments:
"Goodison is a tough place to come to and get a result and when you are off form, its worse! Everton used their quality to good effect and they deserved the win. We have quality strikers in Berbatov and Petric but they have to put the chances away that our midfielders are supplying them with. Also the defence has to stand up and put challenges in like men and not let strikers run through them like a hot knife in butter!!!"

Onwards and Upwards!

Ruuds' Torture Continues!
United Heap More Misery On Legend

images

2/1/13
Premier League

Fulham 0-3 Man Utd
Welbeck (8), Vidic (77), Cleverley (82)

Managers Comments:
It was a tough game and we played well for most of the game. We missed a few chances and after they scored their second goal, we fell apart!

OUT!

Bad Run Continues Into FA Cup

huddersfield-town-crest238-34860.png

5/1/13
FA Cup

Huddersfield 3-1 Fulham
Novak (12, 17), Clarke (68), Berbatov (46)

Managers Comments:

Totally unacceptable and I let the players know that! We are playing a team whom we are 10x better than in the biggest domestic cup in the country and we go out and give 40%? No, that will not do! There will be changes!

Wonderkid Signs For Cottagers!

1eda4fc9c55ffe9aa2caaa93ef475e42.jpg

Brazilian wonderkid Wellington Nem has today put pen to paper and signed for struggling Premier League side Fulham! The attacking midfielder, who has been dubbed the new Ronaldinho, insisted that he always dreamed about coming to the Premiership but it was the prospect of playing under his idol, Ruud van Nistelrooy, whichh sold him on the move. The deal is reported to be worth £3.5m.